450 rhino

vinson

Reaction score
looking for any real expeience opinions of 450 rhino, I have heard that the diffs are geared down,so they will not be as fast as a 700 rhino but do hang in there for power in most other aspects,especially in low and slow trail riding,is the money you save (close to $5000),worth the little bit less power and dissplacment,or is the 450 still underpowered that bad??would be doing mostly slower trail riding with the wife and family onboard

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The diff's aren't geared down, they are the same part as the 660's, it's the transmission ratio's that are different.

They may not be speed demons, but yes they will hang in there. The main thing is when you start to load them down with equipment and people, larger tires, etc then it makes them start to work.

You can do some clutch work and different mods,.. but in the end it's still a 450.

FWIW,.. I can easily tell the difference in power between a 660 and 700 and they are only different by 26cc(700 is a 686) And the 450 is not a 450 but a 421cc,.. so even smaller that you think, the 660 is a true 660cc.

If you are going to make it a 4 seater,.. the 700 will be a way better machine plus it is a EFI, unlike the still carbureted 450.

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will the 450 Work....Yes for you and a passenger, but Will you want more power, Eventually Yes.
I have a 700 with cage [for the young ones, and occasionally mother in law] And it has taken me wherever I wanted to go. In my opinion it is better to buy a little bigger [believe me it isn't overkill - 700 is no land-rocket] and work it a little then buy smaller and work it to a quick death.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 450 SE. Definetly not blessed with power, but my 450 has never been left behind ( only does 58-60km max), in some swamp conditions will actually do better sometimes due to not spinning a rut out as quick. Our riding is type is a wide variety, always take the wife, year old daughter, yorky, Shepherd cruise along listening to the tunes it's great. If your a rev head, buy the 700. We are looking to upgrade to a 4 seater so 450 may be up 4 sale, room, not power being the factor.

Top Bottom