30" Zillas finally on my 700 Grizzly

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They look great, sit at just over 29.5". Very excited to get out quadding sunday. And she still wheelies with barely any effort in HIGH :devildancing:

281251_10150318239852165_657027164_9888648_7860325_n.jpg

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still wheelies in high? What do you have for a clutch kit or did you just put Kodiak weights in? My '07 700 has 26's and is really high geared even in low range - wish there was a re-gearing kit for it.

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good man, kinda like a quad monster truck.

Thanks man, thats exactly how I was describing it tonight haha,

Still wheelies in high? What do you have for a clutch kit or did you just put Kodiak weights in? My '07 700 has 26's and is really high geared even in low range - wish there was a re-gearing kit for it.

I'm going to tell you a crazy trick, it will cost you a massive 15 dollars. Go to your local stealership and order 2 of these part #'s. 90201-225A4-00. That is a 1mm shim out of a yamaha sled. Put both of these shims in your clutch. Look up the way to do it properly as I cant go into details right now, I still run all 20gram weights, just have the shims and a purple EPI spring and it pulls that hard.

jazzman

Reaction score
That is a good trick and it works! I did that last summer what a difference. I run 28x12x12 gorillas all the way around on my grizz and it rocks!:beer:

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is a good trick and it works! I did that last summer what a difference. I run 28x12x12 gorillas all the way around on my grizz and it rocks!:beer:

I bought those shims for my wifes king 750 but have yet to put them in. Sounds like I'm gonna have to get on it if it makes that much difference

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks good do they rub on your fenders mine rub a little on my brute

Turns out they rub a tiny bit when hitting a big bump or when the shocks are compressed. Just in the rear, no biggy.

Looks good man! No more Outlaw 2? :rolleyes::beer:

We'll see. Went out today and the tires impressed the hell out of me, they seem to have a bigger better lug then the 27's. Might just be my imagination. And I can still wheelie everywhere, might just stick with these light little gaffers.:beer:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turns out they rub a tiny bit when hitting a big bump or when the shocks are compressed. Just in the rear, no biggy.

We'll see. Went out today and the tires impressed the hell out of me, they seem to have a bigger better lug then the 27's. Might just be my imagination. And I can still wheelie everywhere, might just stick with these light little gaffers.:beer:

Sounds good, I need some mud tires here soon or else you guys will just walk all over me with your '30s. haha :beer: Quad looks sick with the extra beef!

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a nice pic of you using the thumb throttle, no more still pics!!! Haha

Sent from my white iPhone 4

Top Bottom