3' Track question

Mostlyasian

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thinking about upgrading to a 3' camoplast but I'm wondering if its a bad idea without a turbo kit it,s only a 155 track. Just wondering if a stock 800 will have enough power to spin it ok? and before someone answers get both I cant afford a turbo and track ;)

Thanks in advance

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do the track first its a good mod, if you like the trees with deep snow its a great combo!!

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode with a stock motor Pro running a 3" this winter. Probably the 2nd deepest day we encountered all year and it worked amazingly well. I'd definitely recommend some suspension work though. This one was set up by Shane Hart and they're running a limiter strap to the rear scissor to make it coupled, much like a K-Mod or Timbersled would work. Heard rumblings from guys who tried running the stock skid setup and they're having some trenching issues.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do the track first its a good mod, if you like the trees with deep snow its a great combo!!

What kind of track speed would you expect. That is a lot of snow to move with little clearance so I am guessing it would knock it down a bit correct?

Also, does it change the attack angle going to the 7t drivers to run it, this is why it trenches more?

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, does it change the attack angle going to the 7t drivers to run it, this is why it trenches more?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the reason they will trench more is how much harder the 3" hooks up over the stock track. The lug tips are very soft on the stocker, where they aren't on the 3". Coupling the skid lessens the weight transfer and corrects that.

ditch1000

Reaction score
Love mine!!! I want to tune the suspension a little better next year, but for not toughing the suspension this year it's a huge upgrade over stock!! Rode with a 12 Freeride, 14 Summit X and they could not even track poach mine lines at times!!!

Top Bottom