26'' mudlites flat

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Yes my mudlites where flat when I got them too but after I put them on the rims I added some air, about 4-5 pounds this seemed to help a little. J/K Maybe you have some crap behind the bead or your wheels are bent.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've had my mudlites for just over a year now as well as my bro and neither one of us has had air problems.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I sliced the sidewall on one of mine and had to replace it.I thought they were tougher than that.But no air problems

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Ya i have heard that they punctured easily but I hit a rock (must have been a sharp one and cut the sidewall).Hindesight i guess i would have bought a different kind,but my budy has 2000 k's on his grizz and he has had good luck,who knows!!!!!!!!!!

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far my mudlites have been fine... no air loss problems at all. I only have about 300 miles on them though. If you are not loosing air around the bead then maybe faulty valve stems? I've seen them leak lots before.

whopper809

Reaction score
Most of the problem with tires loosing air is that they where mounted poorly. I would never bother getting tires mounted at the dealers they always have a young kid doing it unsupervised, and they just don't know what there doing most of the time. Find a real tire shop that will do it, you'll get a good job with no bead leaks, and they'll tell you if there's a bend wheel. Best of all they will have a WAY lower price to mount tires. Last dealer I talked to wanted $24.00 a tire and I had to bring them in off the quad. I had a tire shop do them instead and he charged me $8.00 a tire off the quad.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the problem with tires loosing air is that they where mounted poorly. I would never bother getting tires mounted at the dealers they always have a young kid doing it unsupervised, and they just don't know what there doing most of the time. Find a real tire shop that will do it, you'll get a good job with no bead leaks, and they'll tell you if there's a bend wheel. Best of all they will have a WAY lower price to mount tires. Last dealer I talked to wanted $24.00 a tire and I had to bring them in off the quad. I had a tire shop do them instead and he charged me $8.00 a tire off the quad.

why waste time and money taking them to a shop when you can do them yourself easy.

whopper809

Reaction score
why waste time and money taking them to a shop when you can do them yourself easy.

Ya It probably would be nice to just get some tools for doing the job then if a guy has trouble on a weekend ride out in the middle of no where, you could really handle the problem.

superduty 348

Reaction score
has anybody else had problems with their mud lites being flat from day one?

Its a common thing with these tires, the problem is on the tire where the bead sits there are these little rubber tits that stick out causing the tire not to seat properly or have a slow leak.All you have to do is remove them and you will have no problems with those tires.Either pull them off,cut them or grind them carefully.Those little rubber tits don't look like much but it will cause the leak.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pack a can of ether and a lighter and two beers.all three working together seems to get a tire fixed up in no time..dont use the beers on the tire.hope this helps.it usually seems to be s.s. rims they fall off of..has anyone had them fall off stock rims?keeping the tire pressure hard seems to help,my 27s (mudlites) havent came off the rim yet but twice on the hylo rally we seen mudlites off s.s. rims..coincidents?

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
ya know. with mine i didnt have a detectable bead leak. couldnt get any bubbles but they always lost air. all four of them. the other guys may have had bead leaks but i am not sure.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
pack a can of ether and a lighter and two beers.all three working together seems to get a tire fixed up in no time..dont use the beers on the tire.hope this helps.it usually seems to be s.s. rims they fall off of..has anyone had them fall off stock rims?keeping the tire pressure hard seems to help,my 27s (mudlites) havent came off the rim yet but twice on the hylo rally we seen mudlites off s.s. rims..coincidents?

I have to disagree, its more like six beers and a match. I tried it before with a lighter and lost all the hair off my hand. Baaahaaa!

superduty 348

Reaction score
only put a tube in as a last resort because when you puncture it you can't just put a plug in it. Try removing the little tits on the beads , if it still leaks run slime in it.

Top Bottom