2018 Skidoos ... 175" Have peek see

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpeg Here we go...

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That should be good for the 2018 season in the Doo diaries of problem's. Getting real close to the 100 page for this season, its got to be a record. I agree though with the statement made about the G4 being the "game changer", it changed the way you spend time sledding....and you thought you were going riding today hahaha, "not if the G4 can help it".
I hope its a better $17,000 bucket of bolt's then that last one.

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That should be good for the 2018 season in the Doo diaries of problem's. Getting real close to the 100 page for this season, its got to be a record. I agree though with the statement made about the G4 being the "game changer", it changed the way you spend time sledding....and you thought you were going riding today hahaha, "not if the G4 can help it".

I'm guessing closer to $18,000

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weed out posts like this from that thread from non Doo riders just trying to stir the pot and you prolly end up with 25 pages instead of 95?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing closer to $18,000

174, 175, like really. whats the difference. They are playing head games again for sell's. If i was looking into buying now i'ed be more concern about the short fall in reliability of this sled. That is the #1 reason i did not buy a G4. Were they address or do i need to stock up on belts and modules?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weed out posts like this from that thread from non Doo riders just trying to stir the pot and you prolly end up with 25 pages instead of 95?
Face the fact the G4 has not been a stellar sled, plague with problem's, all i know if i would had dished out $17000 for it and was going through all them issues as posted.......somebody would be pooping G4's out there butt hole.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
174, 175, like really. whats the difference. They are playing head games again for sell's. If i was looking into buying now i'ed be more concern about the short fall in reliability of this sled. That is the #1 reason i did not buy a G4. Were they address or do i need to stock up on belts and modules?

For your type of trail riding I doubt you would have any problems with any of the 4 manufacturers.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Simple math really-

50 track bars x 3.5" pitch = 175"

58 track bars x 3.00 pitch = 174"

I spaced it out so you can follow along.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So isn't that roughly double the pages of the "Doo with No Problems" thread? Just teasing Ken, I know they will get on top of things and commend BRP for pushing new technology. And as i say to my staff, if you do nothing, you can't do anything wrong. But then where would this sport be? We would be riding sleds like from the 70's.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Edit... I thought the torsion spring was gone but maybe it was wishful thinking....

Last edited:

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weren't these released a few hours ago. I don't see anything online. Also, I don't see evidence that they got rid of the torsion springs. That blue summit still has em.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, I thought for sure they were going to change the name from G4 to 4G, that would then stand for the amount of additional dollars to run the season. Sorry Ken, I had to throw that out there on an overcast day with no sunshine. Actually all the brands are good and they all have some weak point and will break eventually.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Face the fact the G4 has not been a stellar sled, plague with problem's, all i know if i would had dished out $17000 for it and was going through all them issues as posted.......somebody would be pooping G4's out there butt hole.

You sure get sucked in by Internet Hype! There are many, many G4's out there that have no problems (we happen to have two of them with over 2000 km and no issues. Also rode with 6 of them for 3 days, WOT and not an issue).

Why don't you stay in the Yamaha thread and build that "dream sled" so that you can see how it goes in the tight trees?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 2018 Skidoos ... 175" Have peek see

and no one has made a positive comment that they got rid of the torsion springs?
Torsion springs are still there unfortunately....
Must be apart of the cutting edge technology package.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 2018 Skidoos ... 175" Have peek see

How does this new starter work?

Tough to read from that photo.

But from what I gathered they have big capacitor attached to the magneto?

So you would still have to pull start atleast the first time to charge the capacitor but after that you could restart off the capacitor power?

Last edited:
Top Bottom