Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Its fine but its a dinosaur.
Cheap
Powerful
Reliable

Most of the time you can only choose 2, Arctic cat is the only one that you might be able to choose 3 for the 800 Suzuki motor. The motor is easy to work on, cheap to repair(in comparison to the other brands), and gives proven power.

This is is just my opinion. If they could bore it out to a 850-900(instead of 925 to keep cylinder wall thickness) it would be perfect, but too bad about emissions.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And customer loyalty..... the doo-tards are salivating over the possibilities in 4 different threads......
I think we're just as loyal, just smarter than the doo crowd lol

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat will continue to evolve for model year 2017. I doubt we'll see a new 800 in the mountain segment though. The proclimb chassis works very well as is IMHO - I don't mind the stock boards, and a little extra weight in the right places is better then having to rebuild a sled after a weekend of riding. (before flaming me, bear in mind we have a ProRMK in the household, and I've replaced a few nuns on the Rev chassis - additional bracing is required on these machines to make them survive). I personally would rather see continued refinement then an all new chassis and motor, as this keeps production costs down - $17000 is too damn much to spend on a toy that's used only for a few months out of the year. It will be interesting to see if they release the SXV450 snow bike - if they can keep costs reasonable it will certainly expand that market. The suspension diagrams submitted to the patent office should result in an even lighter, stronger skid than what is currently offered - will we see it in 2017?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheap
Powerful
Reliable

Most of the time you can only choose 2, Arctic cat is the only one that you might be able to choose 3 for the 800 Suzuki motor. The motor is easy to work on, cheap to repair(in comparison to the other brands), and gives proven power.

I agree. Gonna miss that motor when it's gone. I couldn't care less about emissions.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just told by the Cat dealer in Kelowna that the 2017 Cat is coming with a whole new motor for 2017. That the old 800 had done its time.
It will be a 180+hp and direct injected Suzuki power. It will rival BRP's etech. The chassi will basically in most part remain the same with only minor changes.

He did not elaborate on displacement but it will probably be an 850.

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What Lund said and suppose to be a Ctec in the 850 - 880 cc with 180 plus hp.
Being Cat I am going to guess larger CC.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is 50cc extra really enough to make 20 extra hp? Seems like a big jump to me but I'm by no means an expert.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is 50cc extra really enough to make 20 extra hp? Seems like a big jump to me but I'm by no means an expert.

Not likely. Most 925 kits are only managing 190 hp, and that's with higher compression, porting, and pipe/reeds, and they aren't running pump gas. The +20 hp is wishful thinking, especially without some significant case volume increases. (the doo camp is hoping and praying for the same thing out of the photos of the new XM.)

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Key word "advertised " lol. None of them ever make what they say they do.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not likely. Most 925 kits are only managing 190 hp, and that's with higher compression, porting, and pipe/reeds, and they aren't running pump gas. The +20 hp is wishful thinking, especially without some significant case volume increases. (the doo camp is hoping and praying for the same thing out of the photos of the new XM.)

Doo looks like it will be 10hp, and that comes with significant other upgrades to the motor other than the 50cc boost in displacement. I think the limit is being reached for what can be pushed out a N/A production 800 motor, at least until a manufacturer decides to come out with boost from factory.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheap
Powerful
Reliable

This is is just my opinion. If they could bore it out to a 850-900(instead of 925 to keep cylinder wall thickness) it would be perfect, but too bad about emissions.

We have 2, a non ho and an ho. Reed issues, exhaust valve issues, (not engine exactly but constant e start issues) but yah... No blown motors.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While reading an interview with Cats engineering manager in Snowtech,I couldnt help but notice a paragraph which states that Cat has created a Skunk Works type of department. Went on to say that the consumer has not seen any results of the effort but will in 17...some interesting new tech perhaps?

Top Bottom