2017 2500 Mega Cab

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canmore Chrysler came under new owner ship a couple years ago. A few of my buddies have bought there. People seem to be happy. They are definitely sitting on a "rainbow" of brightly coloured trucks at the moment.

Yes our friend Dan and some partners came from Olds Dodge and now have Canmore and Kootenay Chrysler in Trail. This will be the third new diesel one ton I have bought through him. He treats us good! Can't wait to not have this gutless 5.3L half ton Chev around... They don't have what I want and I refuse to settle anymore... Dark red Megacab 3500 with beige interior no sunroof.

Is the Aisin tranny worth it? None of my trailers are crazy heavy...

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes our friend Dan and some partners came from Olds Dodge and now have Canmore and Kootenay Chrysler in Trail. This will be the third new diesel one ton I have bought through him. He treats us good! Can't wait to not have this gutless 5.3L half ton Chev around... They don't have what I want and I refuse to settle anymore... Dark red Megacab 3500 with beige interior no sunroof.

Is the Aisin tranny worth it? None of my trailers are crazy heavy...

I have no complaints about how mine pulls without it, pulled up to 26k and that is with 3.42 rear end, tow about 21k regularly the only thing I notice is getting going on a bit of a hill it could use a lower gear, but rear end ratio of 3.73 or 4.10 would more then take care of that. Tranny seems to be standing up fine, although it was just pretty much rebuilt at 75km due to line coming loose, unrelated to towing.

Just my opinion, but for towing/hauling heavy megacabs are useless. They weigh more, and less weight getting transferred to front end. Cannot put stuff in the box far enough forward to get weight on the front. Same leg room as a crew cab, a bit more room for stuff with seats down, but how much room you need? I can cram a crapload in the back of my crew, never needed anymore room. Really surprised they even make them. Think most people tend to agree with how few you see around on the 4th gens after the crew cab coming out. Been to a few truck shopping and haven't even seen a new mega at any of them.

Last edited:

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 3 kids, 7, 9 and 11 years old. Jack our 65lb dog rides back there too. Thats why guys... I personally think mega cabs are horrid looking, but if they are more comfy for 6 hour commutes to Sicamous and back it sure would be nice.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tons of room in the back. If I had to ride in the back of a truck the mega cab would be my choice.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 3 kids, 7, 9 and 11 years old. Jack our 65lb dog rides back there too. Thats why guys... I personally think mega cabs are horrid looking, but if they are more comfy for 6 hour commutes to Sicamous and back it sure would be nice.

I'm not short and i've sat in the back of the old quad cabs for many 6-8 hours trips, while those were cramped, I have zero complaints on the back of a crew cab. Unless i'm mistaken it's been awhile since i've seen the inside of a mega, the entire extra space is just behind the seats, the only real advantage is the seats recline? It served a purpose when the quad was the other option, but I don't think it does anymore.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please stay on topic. I think I found the answe to my question.

How is the OP enjoying it? Anybody got pics of their megas with a loaded sled deck? Pros and cons?

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please stay on topic. I think I found the answe to my question.

How is the OP enjoying it? Anybody got pics of their megas with a loaded sled deck? Pros and cons?

I do...just can't downsize them on my phone. Love the truck. I can say at 100k on odometer everything on this truck is tighter than any other Ram I've owned in the past. Loaded truck handles weight well. I did add airbags to mine as I was getting flashed with 2 sleds on the deck. Truck also handles better with the bags when loaded.

Last edited:
Top Bottom