2016 Pro, what would you pay?

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed that watching the release, I expect it will be different for the mountain version of this chassis, if not I'll be disappointed.

I went from a proclimb to an XM (and owning a M series since new in 09). I thought that would be a trait I would struggle with as well, but I got the hang of the steering almost instantly. The handling is something I need to get use to as it's very agile.

I wouldn't be too worried if Polaris does go the same steering route as doo and if the handling is similar to your current sled I think you'd catch on even quicker.

Sent from my iPhone

nwoprormk

Reaction score
:specool:
I'm not sure where you get your information. Globe and Mail
Bombardier is a totally different company, and has no ties to BRP anymore (except for the Bombardier family ownership of stocks.)Anyways, this thread isn't bout BRP.
Wasnt trying to rob the thread or change the subject. Im very aware that they made brp a seperate company. All divisions are seperated by corporate law but dont be tricked into thinking the same people arent making the descisions. Its a very badly run company......from what ive seen personally. And Anyway youre right this is about the 16's. Ill be snowchecking again and expect to pay more slightly. Im hoping they stay at the lower end of the price range. Its part of the reason ive had 3 new ones in the last 4 yrs. cant wait to see what they have up their sleeves. To improve what we ride already will be epic.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the big three premium current year sleds (Pro, snoPro, T3/free ride) will be $16000+ this year. You will still be able to get the non premium models cheaper but do t expect to pay $10000-11000 for a mountain sled after this years releases.

No way would I pay $18000 for a new Pro regardless of its slight weight loss, new track and axys styling with the new motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally work for Bombardier (train manufacturing) so know first hand that the brp sleds are made Mexico..... Or at least assembled there using outsourced components from around the globe. Even when the plant was in quebec they were still cheaper to buy in the states. Its about what they can get you to pay.... As opposed to what you should pay. fWIW....... We used to get a 10% discount if we purchased a doo through the company. Right up to the yr they moved the plant to Mexico. No more.

Also.... We are the last train plant left here. Or in the usa...... And as soon as they are no longer obligated to have them built in the province (toronto transit contract states that the finished product be assembled in-province) im sure the padlock will go on the gate here. Sad.

I think you might want to check your facts. If the serial number starts with a '3' then it's made in Mexico. Country assembled in is always stated in the first digit of VIN.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed.
Many parts from Mehico, Canada, and Austria. Assembled in Canadia
I think you might want to check your facts. If the serial number starts with a '3' then it's made in Mexico. Country assembled in is always stated in the first digit of VIN.

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is correct. 1= USA 2= Canada 3= Mexico 4=USA free trade zone. My dealer didn't have any concrete info on the new mountain sled from Polaris. I put my name down for one anyway. My best guess is a 10% increase in MSRP at most. I would think closer to 5%, thats usually industry standard. Look at Axis price...

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i paid $12,350 plus tax for my 2014 snow check, le 163 pro, pull start. with the dollar now it will be ~$14,820........just saying.

i wouldnt expect the new rmk to be more than $1000-1500 more for a fully loaded le with a longer than 163 and larger lug than the current 5.1 series... so looking at $16,000??

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's like the hockey playas..

american dominant market, american prices...with the conversion back to canucks..\\\

teth air.. I know you are a poo fan but 180000??

OOPs did I add a zero?

$18,000 as a number a friend got quoted by a salesman for a T3 174 OTD

Top Bottom