2015 Summit X Throttle sticking

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
What's up all. Been a long time since I posted. Hope everyone is well.

Wondering if anyone has had issues with 2015 Summit X throttles sticking open. I have an, every ride issue with it... I brought it to the dealer and they said all was good. Next ride it stuck twice. I replaced the throttle cable this morning, inspected the throttle body and went for a test ride. Throttle stuck 3 times. When it stuck today, I pulled the airbox and I couldn't move the valves pushing on them. Snapped the throttle a couple times and they broke free.

It's dumping outside and I want to ride this weekend. New throttle bodies aren't arriving until Wednesday. Any thoughts on lubrication or throttle tension that might get me through the weekend? Has anyone else had this problem? Sled sits in a heated garage unless it's in the mountains so I don't think ice could be an issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had an issue with mine but maybe got to do with temp changes and condensation according to your location

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I had an issue earlier in the year. I changed risers and put new zip ties on to make everything neat. Rolled the sled over one day to get unstuck and when I started it, it wouldn't rev up. So the old snow behind the flipper trick and we cleaned it all out. Started it again and this time the throttle stuck wide open. Hit the kill switch and started again. Limp mode and back and forth through the process a few times (limp mode and WOT). End result was one of the zip ties was kinking the cable. Broke the zip tie and all was well and has been well since. Just something for you to think about. Good luck :p

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
check for little cracks in the cable. Ive had a couple cables in the past where the coating cracks on the outside, allows moisture in, which freezes and causes problems. My 2015 is currently cracked, it hasn't hung up yet but it needs to be changed

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the adjustable riser on my XM. I have had the cam lever catch the throttle cable and open the throttle slightly with the bars turned.... enough to engage the clutches.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you pulled the air box and had to force the butterfly's shut perhaps the butterfly itself is jamming up in the throttle body or the throttle shaft is binding. Disconnect cable and check for free movement on the throttle cable and butterfly's individually. If u can't get sticking to happen then put sled in the cold let it freeze and repeat test. This might save you from needlessly changing parts. Maybe check the flipper itself while detached from the cable, could be something with it to. I recently seen another post of a 2015 that stuck on and tried to climb a tree so your not alone. Good luck.

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I broke my intake vent beside my headlight earlier this year and some snow got it and started to freeze the throttle up I had to basically tape off the one side and get the sled hot to melt it all but it would stick every 2 minutes until I did that, you might be getting some snow into your intake, Maybe all the fresh snow you want to ride is what's causing you issues but just a thought

Last edited:
Top Bottom