2015 Polaris - Sneak Peek on FB

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice poker face you old coyote. HaHa
I wouldn't bs ya now ken. lol. but seriously, polaris forced a lot of sleds on dealers for the 14 season and to release a new mountain sled with this much carry over would create a dealer mutiny. the snow gods have been less than cooperative this season so far. I think the greenies must have built a weather machine!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't bs ya now ken. lol. but seriously, polaris forced a lot of sleds on dealers for the 14 season and to release a new mountain sled with this much carry over would create a dealer mutiny. the snow gods have been less than cooperative this season so far. I think the greenies must have built a weather machine!
I guess with the 60th I figured they would release something new. We are cleaned right out now for 3 weeks but just got our suggested numbers for next year and they are staggering to say the least. There better be some big innovation in the mountain segment for us because 3rd year on a platform doesn't usually make for number increases and there are alot of low mileage 14' sleds out there right now with the poor snow this winter.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess with the 60th I figured they would release something new. We are cleaned right out now for 3 weeks but just got our suggested numbers for next year and they are staggering to say the least. There better be some big innovation in the mountain segment for us because 3rd year on a platform doesn't usually make for number increases and there are alot of low mileage 14' sleds out there right now with the poor snow this winter.
scary what these corps expect and no margins to make a nickel. we had a sell out last year by Christmas and they just loaded us for this year. they best be doing some pretty serious spring rebates to sell out this year with no snow.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that pic makes me wonder about burandt testing some kinda snow bike type thing a couple years ago. rumour mill has it that there are 0 changes in the mountain segment. possibly some flatland stuff.

Handlebars and having the high headlights make it look like a dirtbike/snowbike... if that's the case it would be a good time to release it for the 60th anniversary

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Notice how the driver is way off to one side of the photo? That's because the sled has a sidecar with a passenger beside him. Or maybe it's just an outboard pontoon/ski like a snow sail boat.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Notice how the driver is way off to one side of the photo? That's because the sled has a sidecar with a passenger beside him. Or maybe it's just an outboard pontoon/ski like a snow sail boat.

Lol! Bingo!

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chatted wit couple dealers that had sit down wit polaris reps around sled show time and said they r gonna do sumthn big (not massive) for 60 yr. but rep wouldnt shed one ounce of a hint. He squashed ne rumour of a susuki mill. Time will tell.

Polaris26

Reaction score
Hopefully they do something with their engines, Blew my 13 up in McBride last weekend with only 600 miles on it

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a new single shock rear skid, that's all I know. Guessing its for the short track.

PINandPRAY

Reaction score
Hopefully they do something with their engines, Blew my 13 up in McBride last weekend with only 600 miles on it

Im on my second pro and plan on snowchecking a 15 pro regardless of changes. But if i blew up at 600 miles on a stock pro, it would be hard to ignore the other big 2. Doo and cat have it figured out with reliable motors, its about time polaris gets with the program!!!! I personally havent seen a pro go down(motor wise) and all i ride with is pros but there sure seems to be a lot of horror stories.
Hopefully your down time is short.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Project Axys?

Axys.jpg

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine there is performance benefit to running the entire skid on one spring and one shock. Must be just a way to make a sled cheaper, so perhaps a new skid for the 2015 Indy?

Jeffpro800

Reaction score
I can't imagine there is performance benefit to running the entire skid on one spring and one shock. Must be just a way to make a sled cheaper, so perhaps a new skid for the 2015 Indy?
I suppose it's a little lighter this way.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure but after looking closely at all the drawings I think this set up will give you something very close to a single swing arm type setup but that is just a total guess on my part. It is very complicated and I'm not really sure that it will be much lighter but I think it's a short track for sure.

Top Bottom