2015 / 2016 Blue River Conditions

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well was back up yesterday. Rode redsands. Snow was unreal! At least 3 feet of untouched we rode all day. Tho it was warm and it will start setting up.... Despite the unreal snow and weather conditions(bluebird) things are sliding.... Lots of natural triggered avys letting loose. A bunch of slopes I seen guys climbing in the exact same area last Sunday had let go. On our way out a big one let off. Probably 800 meters wide and had a large runout. We were conscious of the hazards yesterday. Tho this one came to close to comfort. Be careful out there folks I'm hoping things settle down real soon.... Because from what we seen yesterday I would be on high alert for the next while!!! Watch out for those wind loaded slopes and terrain traps. Don't push the sketchy ****!!!

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
Lets get everyone back on track to using this thread for updates, not the 2014/2015 thread haha

Shaggy1421

Reaction score
Rode groundhog east and west Sunday pretty tracked up some snow to be found down low never went around the backside of West but looked like a lot of people were there on Saturday lots of slabs breaking off all over

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
One buddy rode salmon today. Said its deep and heavy... Lots of stucks all day. Riding morrow, will let ya all know how it goes

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone would mind a tag along this weekend for a day? Me and my buddy are heading to Valemount tonight and would like to try out Blue. We've never been, always ride Renshaw or Allen. We ride 14 xms, ast1 and all required gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cat man Doo

Reaction score
What's the snow like in Blue River ? No posts at all lately. West Ground Hog or Foam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode ground hog west yesterday. Found headlight deep, and we've never been to blue River before. So I'm sure the people that know the area could find even better snow.

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
We rode foam on Friday. Wasn't bad, snow was starting to set up and harden up. Alot of closures in foam. We stayed off anything steep due to the current conditions and didn't have any issues.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode out to Salmon, gotta' love went you drop into the Honey Hole and it's 3-3.5ft of great snow!! Snowing off and on most of the day! Trail in good shape up to the lake then rough to chute and trail to alpine was good also!!

Attachments

• Blue River Feb. 2016 017.jpg
    Blue River Feb. 2016 017.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 375
  • Blue River Feb. 2016 019.jpg
    Blue River Feb. 2016 019.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 383
  • Blue River Feb. 2016 024.jpg
    Blue River Feb. 2016 024.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 388
Last edited: