2014 xm quick clickers

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i picked up the quick clickers to help with adjusting the rpms but ive noticed i can only turn them from 1 to 3 none of the bolts will spin a full 360 to go to 4 5 6? is there somthing im missing or?

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 13 XM, so when u push your clicker with your tool dont push it all the way out and turn, try to push it out just so the head of the bolt clears the primary and then turn, if that makes sense!!

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i installed clickers so thsat just the hexigonal part of the bolt clears the clutch... it turns freely from 1-3 but 4-6 it just wont go... your saying just use a wrench... will this damage it in any way?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i installed clickers so thsat just the hexigonal part of the bolt clears the clutch... it turns freely from 1-3 but 4-6 it just wont go... your saying just use a wrench... will this damage it in any way?

the reason it moves from 1-3 is because they are shallower depth on the cam roller than your current position. so there is no resistance. when moving from 3+ it is trying to force the ramp up which does have some resistance. use the 13mm wrench to turn the quick clicker head while depressing it with the T handle wrench and there will be no damage in any way.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep...just turn them. And eyeball them once in a while, with the newer clicker bolt design, they can push out just enough on their own and then they rotate back to 1. Some stiffer springs might help if it becomes an issue.

aafc6983

Reaction score
Quick question guys by going to the quick clickers u are losing rotating mass plus u are screwing with clutch balancing issues just saying cause a 1/16 of a gram makes a huge difference on a glide clutch as well as proper weight distribution i have slededFor the last 18 years and have run alcohol and nitro funnycars as well so just think of what I have said is all thanks

aafc6983

Reaction score
Re: 2014 xm quick clickers changes

Quick question guys by going to the quick clickers u are losing rotating mass plus u are screwing with clutch balancing issues just saying cause a 1/16 of a gram makes a huge difference on a glide clutch as well as proper weight distribution i have slededFor the last 18 years and have run alcohol and nitro funnycars as well so just think of what I have said is all thanks

Adam_Moops

Reaction score

Push the clicker and spring all the way in until the clicker contacts the clutch housing. Using a 13 mm wrench turn the clutch bolt both clockwise and counter clockwise a few times. This will `pattern`the bolt and then you should be able to use the 3mm hex tool to turn it yourself.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

okay thaks for the help boys ill try it out and let u all know if it works

RockSmasher

Reaction score

Wtf is a glide clutch? You mean a CVT? I have adjustable pins and 1/16 of a gram does FA. 1/2 gram is 100 RPM, so that means 1/16 is 6 RPM. Now I understand that you are talking about the ramp bolts, and I about the roller pins, but it's still swinging around in there. Also, weigh that tiny little nylock nut, and weigh the set screw, spring and nut for the quick clickers. I'll bet you lunch they are within .05 of a gram.

Top Bottom