2014 m8000 stalling

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was riding this past weekend in renshaw and after a couple hours of riding i hit a good sized ice rut and it almost bucked me off so i stopped to check $hit out cause it kinda felt like i hit a rock at first and when i got off the sled it stalled. I then tried starting the sled and it was like the kill switch was on, it wouldnt even try to fire. Took panels off looked it over everything looked fine but still wouldnt start. Ten minutes later tried again and it fired up first turn of the key. About two hours later after riding some creeks in the trees i come down into a clearing for a break and when i stopped it stalled again and same thing wouldnt start for ten minutes, anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone because who uses a computer anymore

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
I was riding this past weekend in renshaw and after a couple hours of riding i hit a good sized ice rut and it almost bucked me off so i stopped to check $hit out cause it kinda felt like i hit a rock at first and when i got off the sled it stalled. I then tried starting the sled and it was like the kill switch was on, it wouldnt even try to fire. Took panels off looked it over everything looked fine but still wouldnt start. Ten minutes later tried again and it fired up first turn of the key. About two hours later after riding some creeks in the trees i come down into a clearing for a break and when i stopped it stalled again and same thing wouldnt start for ten minutes, anyone have any ideas?

Snow packed in ice up switch? do you have a tether installed?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No tether on the sled, ice up switch?

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
It's a little switch that's on the "flipper" for your throttle. Prevents from being started with a stuck open throttle.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ya right ill take a closer look at that

Top Bottom