2014 m8000 162 bad bog every once in a while

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a real bad bog or something every once in a while, seems to happen when riding in deeper snow for an extended period of time, all of the sudden will lose rpm and gets to the point i cant pull more than 6000 rpm, almost seems like exhaust is plugging off and wont let the motor open up, seems restricted, noticed my belt was sitting a bit low in the secondary so i shimmed up and got it sitting better, and it ran better for a bit but it still did this a couple times after as well, sled only has 250 miles on it

Sent from my iPhone because I'm sledding or to lazy to get off the couch

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bikeman powderlite

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try running stock can and see if it happens? Easiest to start with the little things.

c_nelson99

Reaction score
any chance you are plugging off the air intakes up by the steering post? I installed a set of fog skin circle covers the guy at echo cycle suggested, have to remove hood and split the side pcs off the middle intake drill 2 holes per side under where the panel covers lets extra air in. Worked well for me, no bogging in 3' fresh powder

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try running stock can and see if it happens? Easiest to start with the little things.

Dont have the stock can, came with can on it from the dealer, didnt take that stock suitcase as who has room for that crap, would have 5 stock suitcases if i kept all that crap

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any chance you are plugging off the air intakes up by the steering post? I installed a set of fog skin circle covers the guy at echo cycle suggested, have to remove hood and split the side pcs off the middle intake drill 2 holes per side under where the panel covers lets extra air in. Worked well for me, no bogging in 3' fresh powder

No it wasnt that deep, was maybe 1.5' of untouched snow on top of a foot or two of base, but i noticed today that those screen filters underneath arent sticking very well, maybe possibility i got some snow in there

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try gutting the stock air box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't you need a fuel programmer if you gut the air box? I thought anything more than just a can would require a programmer.

Jjanke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From my knowledge, the aftermarket can you have may not have enough back pressure. Snow blocks the exhaust outlet and essentially chokes of the engine. Not really a fix other than burping the throttle until the rpm rises again. Thats what ive had to do.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya thats what i seemed to have to do everytime its done it, get to some packed snow burp it a few times and it clears up, gonna try some intake stuff and go from there

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya thats what i seemed to have to do everytime its done it, get to some packed snow burp it a few times and it clears up, gonna try some intake stuff and go from there

Could be over fueling they moved the air intake temp sensor on the 14' from near the throttle bodies to up under the headlight. So the air warms up a lot before it gets to the throttle bodies.
Also mine was acting like it was freezing up last weekend. All the steam was icing off air intake. -25 out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapa-junk.

catothom

Reaction score
My dealer work shop guys says it is a fuel problem. They get to much fuel on low RPM`s and flooding the sled. That`s why you have to flip the throttle a couple of times to clear it up, before it works like normal again.
They say that the problem is not fuel related, TSS related, oil or air temp related. Yes, the air temp does make it a little better, same by doing oil delete. But it does not fix the problem.
The problem must be in mapping of the sled. When it is over fueling, it get to much fuel. So that is the place to start. I would love to have a PC or Boondocker box and a custom made map for a stock sled just to see if the problem goes away! The bog really creates dangerous situations!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats how she acts yep like it just loads up after extended periods of medium throttle

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 14 limited does the same thing. After idling for awhile you just got to crack the throttle wide open twice before you start to do a hill climb or side hill etc etc. Iv defiantly been surprised a few times when you go to take off into the trees and the sled just burps back at you and doesn't move !!!
My 09 m8 did the same thing and my brothers m1000 also does it.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode it the last three days and its running like a top, pulling hard 8200 rpm and i never changed a thing, hope it stays that way

Top Bottom