2013 xf 800 wont stay running

Arcticcatter

Reaction score
my xf 800 high country wont stay running. runs for about 2 minutes then revs up to about 3000rpm and dies, this only happens in the mountains around home it runs fine. anyone know what the problem might be? has speedwerx pipe, can, and y pipe. and has the power comander controller

Cazwell

Reaction score
Try taking off the power controller. Seen boondockers do funny things to the fuel pump before. Almost like a programming error.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the xf have high compression heads .... I guess im asking is it still the same motor ad the m8 2010 and 2011s?? If so then I would think you should be fine with out the control box ... I have the slp y pipe and mbrd can with stock pipe on my 2010 with no control box and never a problem ... but I have been wrong (once) before lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the xf have high compression heads .... I guess im asking is it still the same motor ad the m8 2010 and 2011s?? If so then I would think you should be fine with out the control box ... I have the slp y pipe and mbrd can with stock pipe on my 2010 with no control box and never a problem ... but I have been wrong (once) before lol

its ok to run an after market y-pipe and a can without a controller but once you add a different pipe, you need to remap the fuel.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahhh ok ... makes sense and I was kinda wondering if that would be the case

Top Bottom