2013 Pro RMK Release

25AXLE

Reaction score
So far, all these new parts look like they can be retrofited to a 2011 or 2012 if so desired. Which I think is a cool option for some weight savings. Definitely have to get myself those running boards if they are wider then my 2012's.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Introducing All-New Carbon Fiber Overstructure, available exclusively on the 2013 Polaris Pro-RMK. This new addition to the already light and rigid Pro-Ride chassis delivers even more mountain-friendly weight loss in the proven Polaris tradition of never compromising durability. How will it feel? A more lightweight, strong and rigid chassis provides what we call Rider Active Control - better weight transfer for a sled that feels even more responsive and agile than ever. But as always, you’ll have to ride it to believe it.

Frame.jpg

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it better be stronger carbon fiber than their bumper or there is no chance they will hold up...tell the truth im not a fan of seeing that seems like a very week spot to me ....hit anything with anytype of force and crack then what??? but what do i know hopefully they are stronger

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What will be the cost if it does break? Thats the big question. Kudo's to Poo for continuing to go with a lower weight rather than the other way.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was kinda hoping to see the brake ass. on the driveshaft but there must not be the room needed. I am not worried about the cf structure, the transfer of chassis shock should travel lengthwise up the tube. if you take a tree across the hood it may be a different story! Lots of cf in al forms of racing and off road nowadays.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't bet the farm on it. Lol. Mikew5j has got some pretty credible info he's trying to leak.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to agree with Rhodesie on this one. The great thing about CF, other than being super light, is you can make it structurally rigid in which ever direction you want, based on the weave. In the frame like that, I would imagine there isn't going to be a lot of bending forces and they can make it stronger to take the hits. If you pile into something and smash the side panels or hood, that may be a different story. But something is going to break that way anyway.
Looking good Polaris.

Reactions: cs5

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's pretty clear that is a belt drive but I don't think they are finished yet, rear suspension tweaks, maybe lighter track, maybe more power. This thing is going to be AWESOME. A few guys on the doo page were talking about it gaining weight this year maybe 450lbs wishful thinking on their part lol. I am thinking closer to 415lbs for the 155". If this baby has the same power as last year it will still be a blast if it has more it will be crazy fun :)

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being a Polaris guy its just kinda cool to see some tweaks to an already pretty good platform. If it was identical to a 12 it be a little hum drum. I say neato!

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Had a blast on the 2012 Pro this past weekend.... Cannot wait to ride the 2013.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pink Pro just for you... lol. A little paint and powder coating and there it is.

It's been a fun week so far. Wonder what little bits of info Polaris will release tomorrow and Thursday.

omg mike dont do that to me!!! i might just do anything for one! lol but yes its totally sweet and exciting to see what they have done!

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is looking great for the new Pro, they have the best handling, lightest mountain sled going and it's getting lighter and better. The other manufacturers are going to have to step it up big time to match this effort and chew into the Polaris mountain sled sales lead.

Top Bottom