2012 pro rmk 800 or 2012 doo etec 800???

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. Not a Pro anyways !! If you're on an XP though, all bets are off ! I've seen "glancing" blows on an XP do damage when any other brand of sled would have rode away unscathed. Like it or not, the XP is a weaker chassis than the Pro even though it's heavier. Superior engineering make the Pro both lighter AND stronger than the XP.
I would have to agree with you on this one. I ride with XP riders and have seen a A arm impact accident (witnessed the whole thing) on an XP that should (if designed strong enough) have just torn off the A arms. Instead I had the opportunity to see many photos of the complete front end tear down and rebuild of this fellows sled. Very costly and many man hrs involved. I love the new pros for this reason as the front end structure is very strong and designed to break away and be repaired fast and inexpensively.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be the intelligent thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working.

Agreed. Think of all the engine parts you could swap on the hill. If you had 20 polaris's out there I'm sure you could get one to keep running. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nah, we don't swap parts. I just tow in a spare sled, then I know I'm good for the full day. Smart riders plan ahead.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working.

Reaction score
I snow checked a 2011 PRO, Rode the heck out of it last year. Full throttle for 10 - 15 minutes strait side hilling without a hick up. I agree that everyone has there own riding style and each sled is better for one or the other. I was so happy with my 11 I no check a 2012, curretly adding a few modification, Avid Chain Case, Avid Driver, 3" TRack and a Silber turbo. Hope like hell I do not regret doing all of this work. Read up on Silber turbos till my eyes bled and it all seems good. Had to take a beep breath today to cut into a sled with .01miles on it. Cant wait to get on the hill in two weeks,

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what i read and agree the consensus is polaris, besides the obvious usual doo spammers, so enuf said pro wins and doo sux. period. Close thread. Lol

Top Bottom