2012 Polaris Pro Det 7 code

maddog

Reaction score
Having issues with my sled. The passed couple times out it has been causing issues and the DET 7 code has been flashing.
My shop has been telling me that it is a fuel problem or the after market can. I only run premium fuel and the chip is in the correct position.
So it comes back to the can. Has anyone out there had the same problem. How was the problem fixed. I don't really want to go back to the stock can.

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This happened to a guy I was riding with and he changed his plugs out for new ones and it went away. Give that a try.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you using premium fuel that has ethanol blended in?

maddog

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback
I will try new plugs and I have been running premium with no ethanol, I did test the fuel for ethanol just in case ( I use Shell Premium ).
May have to flip the plug ( chip ) and see if that makes it run any better.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine does that once per ride it seems. Took it in and they said must be fuel. Never mentioned the can (I have a 'thing' cooker can). That sled has seen nothing but shell premium and around home I run it on the ethanol resistor just to be safe.

snowhunter

Reaction score
My 11 did that up in the back of renshaw thought I was in trouble cuz it would barely run swapped plugs and straightened it right out

Top Bottom