2012 kitty weights

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen it on all 4 brands. It's not brand related to only one manufacturer. However alot of the chain failures on XP's are related to improper maintenance. Most people never tighten their chain because of the poor location of the chain tensioner in behind the muffler.

Sure helped when I put the can on it! :d

thumperracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha Ha. No time to get my hands dirty like back in the good old days but I am very good at overseeing things. Lol. Honestly though when I first saw that chain tensioner idea back in 05' at the test centre I did not like it but no one was listening . :)

they should really still relocate it tho!

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saskatoon sneek peek Cat handouts showed M8 153 at 470 lbs. Take 2 sleds with the same HP and one with 40 lbs less weight, simular ski stance and such and ride both in the same snow conditions. Which do you think will be less fatiguing and funner to ride. Add more HP to the one that is heavier to bring the Power to weight ratio to the same between the two and I would take the lighter one every time. I do not believe that power solves the weight issue unless you ride groomed trails all day or don't care about handling. Handling has more to do with weight than I think most want to admit. Look at the satisfied Poo owners.

Top Bottom