2011 rmk pro 800 help!!!

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your belt is probably too tight. You have to adjust your belt deflection, there is a small jam nut on the side of the secondary clutch. Loosen the jam nut, using a 1/8" allen head wrench turn the stud counter clock wise to decrease belt deflection and clock wise to increase. Hold the stud in place and retighten the jam nut. Make it so the outer cogs of the belt sit slightly higher (.09"-.10") than the secondary sheaves. It should not be engaging at 5600rpm. The Blue/Pink is 140/340 and the Polaris Black is 140/330 so the only difference should be maybe a slight increase in top rpm. Did you have the clutch rebuilt?

H2O

Reaction score
You should have your TPS checked. Also change your fuel filter... it may be the original one.

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got the clutch rebuild we changed belt and clutch would engage at 4200-4400ish, had sled out for the weekend and seemed to run well i think it may of been a cross between the tps and bad fuel. Got good fuel in it and it only bogged a hand full of time on the trail in the first day, I do notice if I'm not pushing almost perfectly straight on the Throttle it seems to do the same little bog, Gonna have to get it in for adjustment.

rydemx

Reaction score
If your getting a bog by not pushing the throttle straight, then your throttle safety swicth isn't working properly or your throttle free play isn't set correctly .I chased this symptom for a few rides and dealer visits before I finally took the TSS out of the throttle block and zip tie the switch shut , taped it up and put it under the hood. Haven't had another bog since . Install a teather if you do this !

Yeah I got the clutch rebuild we changed belt and clutch would engage at 4200-4400ish, had sled out for the weekend and seemed to run well i think it may of been a cross between the tps and bad fuel. Got good fuel in it and it only bogged a hand full of time on the trail in the first day, I do notice if I'm not pushing almost perfectly straight on the Throttle it seems to do the same little bog, Gonna have to get it in for adjustment.

rydemx

Reaction score
Your throttle freeplay should be about .030" or the thickness of the end of a zip tie

Top Bottom