2011 m8 randomly dies

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
Hey guys so I have an issue with my m8. It just randomly quits after she heats up good and does not start after. It seems I needed to let it cool down before it would run and ends up dying even sooner. The dealer told me I needed gasline antifreeze (aka they didn't want my problem) but to humor myself we tried it and still same problem. I've changed out all plugs and can't seem to figure it out. I'm thinking voltage regulator but bam not sure. Any ideas would be awesome!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are u flashing any codes on the dash? Do u have a cat tether? If u do make sure the tether bolts r tight and connections r good as i had this problem of cuttin out wen my tether became loose from im guessin vibrations

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I have an issue with my m8. It just randomly quits after she heats up good and does not start after. It seems I needed to let it cool down before it would run and ends up dying even sooner. The dealer told me I needed gasline antifreeze (aka they didn't want my problem) but to humor myself we tried it and still same problem. I've changed out all plugs and can't seem to figure it out. I'm thinking voltage regulator but bam not sure. Any ideas would be awesome!
pick kens brain at mountain magic no's his cats real well, my son has the same sled and loves it . I would check if theirs a safety switch for when the sled heats up I think they have them so ask about that and what would gas line antifreeze have to do with overheating.

turbofarmer

Reaction score
i had exactly the same thing happen to my 09 m8 after sitting over summer. ended up being fuel pump. Is quite common even if ur dealer says hes's never heard of it. I know of 4 others this happened to. If u start ur sled periodically throughout off season to keep fresh gas in pump, this will eliminate this issue. Seals in pump dry out and crack if left dry to long. Get it on warranty if u can, I believe that pump is about $250.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You say "heats up good", you mean running hard on the hill...? This is an issue with coolant temp sensor, ride around a bit unloaded to cool down the whole system. It'll never shut down on you, but if you turn the sled off when hot..., it will not start again until the whole thing cools down some.

Top Bottom