2011/2012 Sicamous (Eagle Valley) Updates

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode all 3 days this weekend. Went up Queest Friday 4 feet of snow and coming down hard couldn't see a thing. Tryed Owlshead Saturday, little bit of a rough ride to get into the Chalet looked to be about 2 feet so motored back down loaded up and headed across to Queest again still socked in bad and was by myself so made a fire and chilled out for a couple of hours at the chalet. Sunday I wasn't planning on going but I could see the sky trying to open and boy am I glad I did. 4-5 feet of snow and beautiful clear skies met up with Bill and rode until the sun went down. What a great end to the first weekend out.

View attachment 114768View attachment 114769View attachment 114771

Awesome pics!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't probe, I didn't take any pics of the cabins but Queest and Blue deffinetly need 4-5 more feet of snow. No grooming as of this weekend as there hasn't been enough new snow.

Trails in are beat up, creek crossings still open into Blue past 10k. Lakes are slushy. First foot of snow on top is heavier, everything under that is like sugar for 2-3 feet. Ride safe.

forgot to add, unloaded at the bottom for Blue, could have drove up a few k still with a deck. Queest could have drove to 7k but unloaded at 5ish. There was a trailer who went to 5. Not recommended.

Last edited:

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Had a great day on Queest (In Sicamous) yesterday. Unloaded at 4k but could have unloaded at the 2k switchback. Even though the area had seen lots of sleds, we enjoyed 1' of fresh that everybody else drove by on a fairly solid base under a blue sky! Still only a 4' base but better then I thought it would be. We even enjoyed a great sun set on the way down:cool:. I hear that grooming may start at Blue Lake and Owlhead this weekend if conditions are right.

Attachments

• IMG-20111204-00025.jpg
    IMG-20111204-00025.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 513

Ganzb

Reaction score
Im going up La forge tomorrow will hopefully stop in at the stash cabin so i will let you guys know how it goes.

white rad

Reaction score
Rode up Eagles Saturday....about a foot of new snow on the road and we couldnt see any evidence of tracks going past the gas drop. Not enough snow to cross over the creek by the large boulders and get up around the ice waterfall so we went left boondockin up through the trees to get to the first lake. LOTS of landmines up there seems to be 4-5ft of base but tons of stumps and rocks with no surface expression in the snow that were being uncovered at the expense of several a-arms. We got all the way up top but vis was so bad didnt drop into the first big open area. Basically they need several more feet of base or be very careful. Qweest on Sunday under bluebird skys was awesome though got to really love the new proclimb. looks like no new snow this week so i will be holding off until they get another good dump....

Ganzb

Reaction score
so i went up to the stash cabin today and there was just under 5 feet on the stick and there was plenty of tracks up there, turned out to be a great day.

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
GROOMING INFORMATION: I spoke with the Grooming Manager and he is planning to groom the Blue Lake trail today (Thursday), Queest this evening (Thursday), Owlhead on Friday morning and Eagle Pass Saturday morning. For more detailed and up to date info, check out the new and improved site for the Eagle Valley Snowmobile Club and Eagle Valley Snowmobile Grooming Society at www.sledsicamous.com . Early Season conditions still apply, so use lots of caution on the trails and in the alpine!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were at the cabin at owlhead whe I cam down today. It is groomed from 7km.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out to video up to laforge around morton and back over skinny. Pounded out. It was an easy trail ride to break in sled with a few short climbs. Lot's of big rocks still to look out for. Only 4 other sleds out there.
Staging at 2.5k on owlhead road. They are saying chains needed but I could drive to 2.5k in two wheel drive with sleds on deck.
Scratchers needed till 7k.

Pray for snow, only two weeks till the masses show up.

Mudvayne

Reaction score
Website
www.rickheddle.com
Out to video up to laforge around morton and back over skinny. Pounded out. It was an easy trail ride to break in sled with a few short climbs. Lot's of big rocks still to look out for. Only 4 other sleds out there.
Staging at 2.5k on owlhead road. They are saying chains needed but I could drive to 2.5k in two wheel drive with sleds on deck.
Scratchers needed till 7k.

Pray for snow, only two weeks till the masses show up.

I was up same area posted a bunch of pics in the Hunters Range Grooming Report Thread below this one pics were from Friday!

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up to Blue Lake Today.... socked in snow, fog.... very shy on snow levels... just the fresh we got today.... lots of trees and rocks showing but all in any day sledding is better than a day of work !!! oh rode sleds up from bottom today.... groomer was just headed out when we can down tonight...

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we hit Owlshead today.... rode up from lower parking lot..... still real low on snow,,, real foggy up top today but found some stuff to play in on backside... fog settled in and was alot of fun getting back outta there.... was groomed back from cabin tonight.... sled club was up there and stocked the cabin with wood...

Here are a few pics...

100_3171.jpg 100_3175.jpg 100_3174.jpg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well today was last day so we hit Eagle... after the rough trail up i was hoping it would be worth it....... and it was.... 2 feet of fresh all day!!! made the whole trip worth it!!!! Sorry donot have any mor pics than this one,,,, but to dam busy shredding pow all day !!!!!

You know its a good day when you can't stop to take pics!

Top Bottom