2011/2012 Kakwa Conditions

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for asking zal,she healed right up,100%,new camp up,we are back in the game lol..we couldnt get into cecial yet river was not to good,hit babette,flat top,and all the medows we could find.

4dzrule

Reaction score
Trail is good, front end a little iced up from the rain on the weekend. Further in you go the more powder. Played on the old road to Mcbride behind the cabins, and in the meadows below Flattop, we were going to attempt to get into Flattop. It was balls deep, sunny and awesome. Then my helix broke...Looks unstable on some of the slopes(quite a few natural natural avys). From what we could see it had slid up by the top on the way u usually get into Flattop.

I limped out and stopped at the cabin. Cleaned up about a dozen beer/pop cans and various wrappers, etc. Then I seen the 3 gal pail on the floor full of garbage and whatever, didn't have any means to pack it all out so we left the pail and took what we could. :nono:

Also picked up a couple beer cans on the trail as I limped the cat out. Same old story every year, it only takes a couple idiots to make a lot of good people look bad...

fatguy1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I limped out and stopped at the cabin. Cleaned up about a dozen beer/pop cans and various wrappers, etc. Then I seen the 3 gal pail on the floor full of garbage and whatever, didn't have any means to pack it all out so we left the pail and took what we could. :nono:

Also picked up a couple beer cans on the trail as I limped the cat out. Same old story every year, it only takes a couple idiots to make a lot of good people look bad...

Good work 4dzrule!!!, your right about the few idiots... Some people just don't care if they ruin it for everyone.

4dzrule

Reaction score
Never rode Kakwa, where is it exactly? Any maps of the area?

165km south of Grande Prairie on a Weyerhauser logging road(2-2.5hr drive) to the staging area then a very well groomed 25mile trail ride to the good stuff. Its basically the other side of Mcbride. I think BC parks might have some maps on there website. No acomodations other than Grande Prairie Hotels or you know someone who has a sled camp out there to stay in.

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode sunday ,today and heading back out tommorow was great sunday rode broadview was their today was snowing as hard as it could 2 feet fresh on top of the 2 feet we got saturday night was still snowing when i left enviro canada says blue bird wednesday heres to hoping.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday ,groomed trail and sunny . Good snow but is setting up fast.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 370
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 375

watthead

Reaction score
Rode today, pretty windy, 1 foot of fresh. had to pick your area lots of deep powder in wind deposit areas other slopes were swept bare. Guessing its a 5 to 6 foot base.

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome info gents, heading up tomorrow and ch!t be at the cabin late in the evening, looking forward to good few days in paradise

cheers

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone going in after New Years? Couple buddies going in New Years Eve and a few more of us heading in the 1st til either 2nd or 3rd

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What you riding tantrum? I'll be on either a black m1 or green m7, with a white m1 and all black 1100t plus a few others that I'm not sure of yet

Top Bottom