2010 Z1 Turbo LE 162" 280hp

WKR

Reaction score
Just got back from the hills with our economic Z1 Turbo build and wow!

tale of the tape
-162" extension
-boondocker hijacker box
-6" riser
-D and D exhaust
-lower gears
-clutching

Was a bit sceptical at first, given the weight, but after riding this thing, all I can say is wow. super cushy trail ride, very agile to throw around, excellent rear suspension setup keeps the skis planted. Pulls like a mac truck, does not seem to stop excelerating. huge bottom end grunt, a bit sluggish through the mid but very long legs on the top. We let a 17 year old kid from blue river ride it all day sunday (Taylor, thanks for the demo) and rode very technical tree lines and he could make that thing dangle. He had a big S#$T eatin grin on his face all day. Our group was chalk full of light weight mods and turbos and this hting seemed to shine. left the group a bit dumb founded. Plenty of room for improvement as well, just open you wallet, but as it sits, it is a very economical answer to some of the other boosted fourstrokes out there. WE rode it at 230hp and 3 feet of fresh snow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4khQAvcdw4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-jtzYPf3hQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7lcBqywLQU

Attachments

• z1 turbo 2.jpg
    z1 turbo 2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,094
  • z trubo 3.jpg
    z trubo 3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,115
  • z1 side pic.jpg
    z1 side pic.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 961

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's that sled worth?how does it stand up against the yamaha turbos?where is this sled located and throw a few more pics on as your camera seemed pretty dark.thanx

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised at all to see that motor in that track length from the factory next year.

WKR

Reaction score
What's that sled worth?how does it stand up against the yamaha turbos?where is this sled located and throw a few more pics on as your camera seemed pretty dark.thanx

It stands up great, its facotry and warrantied and pulls like a freight train and has limited install time. located in lloydminster. sled will be at allan creek cabin saturday jan22 from 9-12 for demo rides along with 2011 pump gas cutler turbo.

sled-hard1234

Reaction score
Just got back from the hills with our economic Z1 Turbo build and wow!

tale of the tape
-162" extension
-boondocker hijacker box
-6" riser
-D and D exhaust
-lower gears
-clutching

Was a bit sceptical at first, given the weight, but after riding this thing, all I can say is wow. super cushy trail ride, very agile to throw around, excellent rear suspension setup keeps the skis planted. Pulls like a mac truck, does not seem to stop excelerating. huge bottom end grunt, a bit sluggish through the mid but very long legs on the top. We let a 17 year old kid from blue river ride it all day sunday (Taylor, thanks for the demo) and rode very technical tree lines and he could make that thing dangle. He had a big S#$T eatin grin on his face all day. Our group was chalk full of light weight mods and turbos and this hting seemed to shine. left the group a bit dumb founded. Plenty of room for improvement as well, just open you wallet, but as it sits, it is a very economical answer to some of the other boosted fourstrokes out there. WE rode it at 230hp and 3 feet of fresh snow.

Thank you for letting me demo this sled! And yes evrything about this sled is perfect,I wasnt sure what to expect at first,but shortly after the day started I found this sled to be one of the best all around sleds ive ever riden!

Thank you
Taylor
Blue River B.C.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
glad to hear they are running good I have been saying for a couple years to build this sled into a mountain killer rival some of them yammis for half the cost :d

WKR

Reaction score
^^^^^kinda missed most the questions asked,,,jus sayin

Sorry its not an add to sell the sled, I pm with answers to the price to build and where the sled is located. As far as how did it do against the yammy, it is not a fair comparison. the yammy was a 180 mcx kit and was not even in the same category. All the yammies I have rode are 30g plus builds and I would personally still take this one. Taylor rode a 174 nitro with a 270 kit for a day previously and agreed he would take this all day long, hope this answers your concerns.

sled-hard1234

Reaction score
Sorry its not an add to sell the sled, I pm with answers to the price to build and where the sled is located. As far as how did it do against the yammy, it is not a fair comparison. the yammy was a 180 mcx kit and was not even in the same category. All the yammies I have rode are 30g plus builds and I would personally still take this one. Taylor rode a 174 nitro with a 270 kit for a day previously and agreed he would take this all day long, hope this answers your concerns.

Yes this sled is so much more agile and way easier to boondock in tight trees,and it had no difficulty what so ever climbing the steepest and deepest hills. and with the rear skid set up that this sled has it sits down very nice for climbing and menuvering in the trees. Aswell this sled is a luxury machine on the trail!! Deffinatly my choice over the nitro!

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
might as well take some video footage on the next ride so people that cant see it in person get an idea

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yay gotta love it!! It's just like mine (minus the tunnel/track extension) I love mine to death at 144"! I will be adding a 4" riser tho' and a mountain grip.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought there would be a lot more of these on the snow by now. Might have to stumble out to the hill for a ride on it.

WKR

Reaction score
Sorry if anyone showed to ride the z1, I tweaked the bearing in the diamond drive Late Friday or early Saturday morning. Should have spent the 20 bucks to upgrade it ( dummy!). I was a 2 stroke turbo guy through and through, but will be converting to 4 stroke after 3 days on this sled. This chassy and motor impress me more and more each day. Going to add the 2860 turbo upgrade and meth and let er buck at 320hp and see what happens!!!

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No offence, but with all the manufacturers moving towards better power to weight ratios and lightening the chassis up, and the two strokes being so accepting to boost, why would you want to wrestle a large four stroke around. Unless you are a hill climbing fool, who only knows how to pull the throttle and hang on, why would you build one of these. Have you noticed alot of the turbo yammi guys jumping ship and opting for a little less hp but more flickable machines? More hp does not make a machine lighter, and at the end of the day I dont like to feel like I was run over.

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
No offence, but with all the manufacturers moving towards better power to weight ratios and lightening the chassis up, and the two strokes being so accepting to boost, why would you want to wrestle a large four stroke around. Unless you are a hill climbing fool, who only knows how to pull the throttle and hang on, why would you build one of these. Have you noticed alot of the turbo yammi guys jumping ship and opting for a little less hp but more flickable machines? More hp does not make a machine lighter, and at the end of the day I dont like to feel like I was run over.

Nice looking sled and great project. I am noticing more and more guys switching to lighter sleds because at the end of the day it does make a big difference. Trying to sell a heavy mountain sled now days is a tough sell. I was tempted to do a project like that Z1 turbo sled but I don't think I have the energy to ride a heavy sled all day trying to do technical riding. I see it every time we go riding, the guys on the little light 2 strokes by far out ride the heavy 4 stroke turbo sleds.

WKR

Reaction score

Non taken, I am fortunate and have the option of riding 2 stroke turbo and 4 stroke. heres the reasoning. In 3 feet of fresh, which has been 5 out of the last 10 days for me, 280 hp is so much fun you can hardly contain yourself. you can tell me that a dialed in 2 stroke turbo will go anyplace this thing will and be much lighter. But I can tell you this. when I screw up a line in the trees all i have to do it get it straigted back out and get on the gas and it mulches its way to the top. where as with two storke it may take another stab. then once you start pushing some bigger pulls the 2 stroke turbo at say 220hp (which is a realistic average for guys even running stage 2 and 3 kits), will never achieve what a 280 hp fourstroke will in 3 feet of fresh. I half witnessed it more than enough times. we did not build this thing to replace the 2 strokes of the world either. we built because we could and it is a pile of fun. i am 190 lbs and have no issues with sled even in the trees, but i dont mind shoveling either. when its stuck, its stuck, no questions. when its not though, look out! I reilly wish these forums could stay focused on the topics advertised. I am just being kind enough to provide feed back on an otherwise rare build. which is why the thread was started. I am not trying to let every know that the z1 turbos are the answer, just wanted to share the results. If you cant understand why someone would build a heavy fourstroke, then post a thread called, "understanding the decision making prosess of fourstroke turbo builders" and that may help get you the answers your looking for. If this comes across ignorant you have miss read the thread. Also if you have ridden a real 280 hp z1 turbo, share your results with us? if not give me a call I would love to let you try ours out, not to change your mind, but just to get some feed back.

Top Bottom