2010 XP Question

vortex64

Reaction score
I am just getting back into sledding and i am riding a 2010 XP, when i get off the throttle it decelerates so quick it throws me forward into the bars. i tried a Friends 2008 and it didn't seem as bad so i am wondering where i should start.
Is it in the primary or is the belt to tight? or ? any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you use your sled in the hills you will love this for coming down the hill.

just like Jake brakes on a 18 wheeler

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I am just getting back into sledding and i am riding a 2010 XP, when i get off the throttle it decelerates so quick it throws me forward into the bars. i tried a Friends 2008 and it didn't seem as bad so i am wondering where i should start.
Is it in the primary or is the belt to tight? or ? any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Did you buy it used? Does it have a clutch kit? My renegade shifts quick as well and you can feel it when decending a steep hill. BRP has the QRS working better.....Usually I'm the first to get a clutch kit on a new sled, but this one is so good stock that why bother.....
I'm probably used to the deceleration as well....

vortex64

Reaction score
Thank you for the help, i did buy it used and a shop had just gone through the primary.
i will have to have a closer look to see if a clutch kit was added, i was thinking of buying a kit because the machine doesn't want to maintain r.p.m when the snow is deep and heavy. 90% of my riding is done in the mountains and it does work great for coming down the hills, it just seemed to much to me. Thanks For The Advice

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
If the secondary has a machined aluminum helix...then its clutch'd

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 154
Top Bottom