2009 m1000

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 09 m1000 stock is recommended to run Regular not premium. Also the computer has a hard time ajusting for below 4000 ft. Dont know where you have been riding though.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need more info. Are you sure it's detonation causing it? What pistons are you using? Is it stock or modded? What does the piston wash look like?

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine ran terrible around gp also. too low elevation and wouldn't compensate for elevation. Had to run Programmer.

If you answer Moyie he should be able to help.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine ran fine from GP to nearly 10,000 ft in Chatter Creek. Need more info on what's going on here

jerry

Reaction score
Need more info. Are you sure it's detonation causing it? What pistons are you using? Is it stock or modded? What does the piston wash look like?

stock pistons mbrp silensor all burnt around outside burnt til will not run have to change pistons and jugs 1000 km on sled third time for this

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stock pistons mbrp silensor all burnt around outside burnt til will not run have to change pistons and jugs 1000 km on sled third time for this

Is there no wash at all? Any pics of pistons that came out of it?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Typical indications of detonation would be broken ring lands or pitted piston domes. Doesn't sound like what you're describing. Yes, pics would help.

jerry

Reaction score
both sides off piston on mag side starting on other side dave at exstreme sports says detonation what is causing this he don't know

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still very difficult to give you any advice without pics. Have the crank seals ever been replaced?

craptabulous

Reaction score
My mag side over fuels badly . Piston wash is basically a quarter sized mark in the center of the piston the rest is all clean , no det signs . Seized last time at about 900 degrees going across a feild . Exhaust
port seized and the other side aswell . Lots of oil in the bottom end . New cat pistons . I wonder if i have an ecu issue . What did an ecu cost you ? Was it obvious difference ?

I have been told to much wash will wash the cylinders dry and seize .

Overfueling wont cause det though .

Top Bottom