2009 Dragon 800 Electrical Issue

aceofspades9963

Reaction score
Ok last year the last ride I had on the sled it started back firing and loss of power half throttle . So I went home which was 2 min away . pulled into the garage check the compression right away 135 both sides ( fix kit) So I start it up again and it starts idling weird and then starts over reving to 4500 thats when I hit the kill switch so it wouldnt go through the back wall of my garage, wouldn't start after that . This year i pick up a new voltage regulator since I had the old **** re-called one in there. That wasn't it . so I'm stuck I have spark , I check the capacitor that charges the fuel pump and theres no voltage to those pins when I pull. I want to see if anyone else has seen this before I have to pull that hell-of-a-time-to-get-back-on air box off and check for fuel. I have the slp pipe , fix kit , power commander. Thanks any insight would be appreciated.

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you tested your tps?

im not sure that would cause backfiring though. but the throttle issues possibly lol.

when was the last time you changed your fuel filter? i would check the filter pump and injectors. how did the plugs look after the 4500rpm incident?

Last edited:

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might be worth pulling the ugly air box off, upper injectors, throttle bodies and checking for delaminating throttle body adaptor and check reeds while your in there. also have you ever had belt cords wrapped around the crank snout. (crank seal). slowly turn the crank and listen for bearing noise on the clutch side. a couple suggestions for preventative melt down.

Top Bottom