2008 M8 Rear Skid Shock

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about a kmod conversion anyone try one of those?

summitbound

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To install the Kmod Conversion on my 2008 M8,I needed to change the Rails to 2009-2011 or use Iceage Rail's

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was going to do the same i think the z broz shocks would work great but i do think that a coupled skid will be better for a turbo sled ,z broz will soften up the ride but will do nothing to help trenching , kmod is intended to eliminate trenching and soften up the ride. im ordering my kmod today.

Hicktown

Reaction score
I ordered a Z-bros shock for the rear of my skid, should have it this week. I was concerned about trenching and too much ski stand as well being that I am boosted. After talking to two of their reps I have decided that the shock alone should be at least a decent upgrade. They explained that the triple rate spring combined with the ability to set your compression with the clicker you can set it up to do quite well without coupling the skid. Obviously Good, Better, Best comes into play here but IMO if you spend a little time setting your sag and changing compression rates with the clicker between the trail up and mountain a guy should be able to get it to handle fairly well in both environments without having to dive into all the extra $$$. Being that the float should go anyway even if you get the K-mod, I figured I'd start with just the shock and see what I can make it do. Just my $0.02

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hope it works good hicktown i was goint to try the shock swap to but for the extra few hundred bucks i thought i would try kmod , but i have heard good things about the zbroz upgrade but i was told it will not stop the trenching

Hicktown

Reaction score
I am hoping it works well too. I'll find out as soon as snow permits!!! I am fully expecting some tweak time to get it right. I won't know how it will do until I ride with it and try a few things.

summitbound

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time will tell

Are you getting your Stock Fox Zero and Float ( Modified by Kmod or are you Up-Grading to Fox Evol or Raptor's )

Let me know how the Kmod turns out for you
Swabby

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The zbros skid shocks help a ton, you won't be disappointed. I went one step further this year and had Kevin build me a custom Kmod conversion that used modified zbros shocks instead of the stock fox shocks. so I have a stock front arm, mod zbros center shock, kmod rear arm & coupler, and a mod zbros rear shock. I am excited to try it out this year

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that sounds like a wicked combo all you here about zbroz is good ,any yup ive sent my factory shocks to kevin for his mod and im expecting it could be here as early as the end of next week so i will pos pics and eventualy how it works.

Hicktown

Reaction score
Got my rear skid shock from Zbroz on Friday. Installed it, all is great except at the bottom of my suspension travel the nitrogen tank hits my bottom inner boggy :s maybe I got the wrong shock?? I thought these shocks were supposed to bolt straight up?

summitbound

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will have to Remove 1 or Both Lower Idler's

download

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a few M sleds and all have rode poor down the trail, ok on the hill, but hey you have to get there first! Installed a kmod conversion kit last year (upgraded to the Evol R) and wow! what a difference!

prairiepulling

Reaction score
Will the ebroz shock update transfer the weight on a boosted Sled. I'm getting a twisted kit installed as we speak and am worried the sled will want to come over backwards all the time. Will try the ebroz shock system and if it don't work then the KMod upgrade will be in play.

Top Bottom