2007 grizzly 700 brakes

bowhunter

Reaction score
i have a 2007 grizzly 700 and its got about 3000km on it. the front brakes are not too bad but the rear are shot. they have very little to none stopping power. i already replace all the pads and put all new fluid in but doesnt seem like it was the fix that was needed. should i replace everything like new rotors, calipers, and pads with yamaha parts or use aftermarket parts if theres anything out there. which is the better way for me to go on this. any help is really appreciated. thanks alot!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
i have a 2007 grizzly 700 and its got about 3000km on it. the front brakes are not too bad but the rear are shot. they have very little to none stopping power. i already replace all the pads and put all new fluid in but doesnt seem like it was the fix that was needed. should i replace everything like new rotors, calipers, and pads with yamaha parts or use aftermarket parts if theres anything out there. which is the better way for me to go on this. any help is really appreciated. thanks alot!

Might need to bleed them..ihave the same machine,,,i did all my brakes last summer,,,didnt change anything but the pads..Unless the rotors are grooved up,,,they should be fine

bowhunter

Reaction score
I did bleed both the front and rears when I changed the pads and fluid. The rotors are pretty grooved and worn. I'm thinking I need new rotors, maybe put new master cylinders in, all new fluid again and of course new pads again. What is the best brand to go with for brake parts now? Also is there anything else I should be doing while I have everything taken apart?

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u will half to change master cylinder rubbers. same thing happened to mine, changed the rubbers and good to go now. i think it was about a 40 dollar fix

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy a new quad that has a wet brake in the rear..... never have to do brakes then.....

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
race driven brake pads - half the price of EBC Severe Duty pads.
Read up about them online.

Good luck

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
U shouldn't have to bleed if u didnt remove any brake lines from the calipers, Its ur fluid, brake fluid is hydroscopic and will take on moisture as ur quad gets older and will also turn brown, new is clear or lite honey color, i believe there is dot 4 in ur system. I've replaced out with dot 5, but all it is is temp ratings( i believe, dont quote me on this)
My advice use ebc severe duty pads( or race driven like for4all sez) Swapp out all of ur fluid with Brand new fluid, bleed numerously,( remember that farthest caliper from resevoir gets done first, nearest gets done last) That should solve ur problems.
Unless...... u got a bent caliper mount, or tweaked caliper slides.
Good luck.:beer::beer::d:beer::beer:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U shouldn't have to bleed if u didnt remove any brake lines from the calipers, Its ur fluid, brake fluid is hydroscopic and will take on moisture as ur quad gets older and will also turn brown, new is clear or lite honey color, i believe there is dot 4 in ur system. I've replaced out with dot 5, but all it is is temp ratings( i believe, dont quote me on this)
My advice use ebc severe duty pads( or race driven like for4all sez) Swapp out all of ur fluid with Brand new fluid, bleed numerously,( remember that farthest caliper from resevoir gets done first, nearest gets done last) That should solve ur problems.
Unless...... u got a bent caliper mount, or tweaked caliper slides.
Good luck.:beer::beer::d:beer::beer:

what about the rotors are too thin... too much fluid going out with the stroke of the master cylinder????????????

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldnt more fluid goin out increase line pressure???
But ur right, new rotors would forsurely help, more surface for pads to rub against. Whoops my mistake.

ya but the stroke of the master can only push so much fluid out.... displacement.....

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya but the stroke of the master can only push so much fluid out.... displacement.....

Ya but that is the point of a slave cylinder, the more your brakes wear, the farther it stays out, if they didn't you would have gaps between your pads and the rotor.

Another reason why the oil level goes down,.. shows that the brakes are worn or need replacing.

Top Bottom