2005 Summit 800 acceleration problems

mpare

Reaction score
I have a 2005 summit 800 that will idle & then just as you try to accelerate it dies. it leans itself out & falls on it's face. I have cleaned the carbs twice & tried testing the DPM. It is a mystery. does anyone have any idea what to look at? Please help stumped

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaction score
Re: 2005 Summit 800 excceleration problems

I have a 2005 summit 800 that will idle & then just as you try to accelerate it dies. it leans itself out & falls on it's face. I have cleaned the carbs twice & tried testing the DPM. It is a mystery. does anyone have any idea what to look at? Please help stumped

I had a similar issue... with a different sled.... had paid a mechanic to look at it, and in the end after cleaning the carb didn't help and he was about to give up, he noticed one of the lines going in to the carb was not secure/sealed. It wasn't noticeable visibly... but when he clamped it down/secured it, all was well.

I'm only throwing it out there because it sounds similar.... otherwise I am a dunce when it comes to anything mechanical lol

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: 2005 Summit 800 excceleration problems

Check the reeds for cracks around the edges and check the carb boots for splitting/peeling(very common problem)... And then compression?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it will run fine if you put the choke on

So I am going to guess its not getting enough fuel.
Check pulse line to fuel pump and check fuel pump to make sure operating.
Fuel supply to pump?
Filter blocked and needs replacing?

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Proper size jets in carbs? Did you soak cars, completely tear down, se small brushes and comprised air to clean?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Start off at the easiest first, change your plugs and more important than that take a q-tip soaked in cleaner and clean out inside your spark plug cap. Mine would run better with the choke on and sputter and cough with the choke off. It turned out to be the wires and plug caps where bad. You would be surprised what poor spark does when you add fuel. Boots and reeds can cause a lean that is not good at all for your sled.

Last edited:

snowhunter

Reaction score
I've got an 05 summit in my shop right now doing same thing as original poster just wondering if they got it figured out ....the motor is new in this one new fuel pump unhooked the dpm to rule that out runs perfect in shop take it out side it will only run on full choke reeds and boots look I'm getting stumped I've had the carbs out more then I can count any help would be great

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom