2005 summit 1000 engine case cracked

cashen59

Reaction score
Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has been able to repair a crack on the lower engine case on one these engines? Looks like i lost a rod bearing and it has put a small crack in the case!!! Or does any know of a case around? They are fairly rich new.
Thanks
Clayton

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a place in Calgary here that will weld and warranty the case. Did my buddies 800. Guessing something similar exists in Edmonton but if not let me know and I can get the name and # for ya.

cashen59

Reaction score
There is a place in Calgary here that will weld and warranty the case. Did my buddies 800. Guessing something similar exists in Edmonton but if not let me know and I can get the name and # for ya.

If you can get the # for me or the name that would be great. I live just south of calgary.
thanks guys.
Clayton

cashen59

Reaction score
Thanks.
I dropped it off on last week and they said no problem. around $250 So not too bad. Now I need someone to do the crank for me. any suggestions?
Clayton

HARDCORE

Reaction score

works great, I had 2 of my race bikes done by a friend back in the day and never had an issue at all

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Needs a new con rod bearing. I was planning on doing it my self so after I am done i will need someone to balance it.
Clayton

Recreation supply in Saskatoon Sask. Send it to them and you will have it back in less than a week

09x

Reaction score
Hey just wondering how the welding of the cases worked?
Thanks

Top Bottom