2003 GMC 2500HD

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what the opinions are about the 2003 GMC 2500HD. I have a line on one now that has the 6.0L, Automatic, 4x4, with 4.10 gears, Extended cab, Short box.

Anything to watch for on them??

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah the gas gauge.Had 02 crew cab with 4.10 gears first thing you do is line of credit for the gas station and you put 265 tires on seems to help the milage.All though it was a good truck.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah the gas gauge.Had 02 crew cab with 4.10 gears first thing you do is line of credit for the gas station and you put 265 tires on seems to help the milage.All though it was a good truck.

Yea, I typically drive my current truck as a commuter, but wife has a cavalier that I can drive if needs be, and in the summer the truck will be parked except for weekends and I run the motorcycle everywhere I can.

The truck already has 265's on it.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a pump in the transfer case that loosens and then rubs through the housing, check and see if thats been fixed.

Misfit

Reaction score
Ive got an 8.1 litre chevy and despite what people want to tell you, if you drive it responsibly then it will actually get half decent mileage, you will never see diesel fuel economy but i can get the same mileage as my buddies tahoe when i drive like a responsible considerate driver (110 on the highway) when he's driving like a maniac (140+) and he has 265's on his truck if not better. I average 15-16 mpg and for a truck that will pull just about everything and start no problems at -30 then thats where im at.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Around the city my 6.0L was a pig but on the highway at 110km i have gotten up to 550km on a tank and that was about 90L of fuel.Now hooked on to 27' fifthwheel i won't give you the numbers.Lets just say from edmonton to hinton couldn't maker.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I typically drive like an old man anyways (usually right at or just under the limit) and although gas mileage is always an issue, if it was the deciding factor I would keep what I have (18 plus always). Worse case I will commute with the wifes car and she can putt the truck around town. Sounds like it should be a decent setup.

Top Bottom