2003 F250, how do i prevent theft?

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Folks, how do I keep my truck where I parked it?
Hidden shut off switch with warning stickers on the window?
Some expensive mobilizer/alarm?
Flashing LED's?
The club?
Honestly, I've never worried about a truck going missing, This may be a pain!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe ford has a interlock kit attached to the dome light. The dome light needs to be on to start the engine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everybody is a comedian including me. For whatever reason, these trucks were really easy to steal and that is always a PITA.

The most effective thing I have seen was a guy who rigged a remote cut off switch for the starter. He had the switch hidden under the seat. Worked good but did not stop the smashed window and damage from two more attempted thefts. Hard to say which is worse. a messed up truck that needs to be repaired or one that is simply gone. Due to the age, anybody interested in it will be looking for an east ride as opposed to stripping it down or falsifying a VIN and trying to get it into another country.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a device similar to the club that attaches the brake pedal to steering wheel and locks. Maybe use that and pull relay for starter and fuel pump. Every security device for these trucks can be easily bypassed.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy in revy 2 years ago had his stolen. He had the fuel pump fuse pulled. For how fast they got in and took it from watching the video looks like they plugged something into the obd that bypassed it. They started it and drove away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it a diesel? A positive air shutoff like a Roda Deco valve certainly makes it harder to start.
Either that or replace the blue oval with a gold bowtie, not only will it be harder to steal, you will actually be cool! ;)

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friend has a 2004 f350 on 40s has a hidden Line lock on the brake they can start it but can't move it it's a manual 6spd and just stalls

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys... I'm not too worried about the truck, but, when it's parked with a couple sleds, gear and more in the trailer, I start to worry.
I think some warning stickers, LED's and a passive alarm system will be required.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a alarm system installed on your trailer with all the batteries installed inside. Then have a separate one installed on your truck. Can get them to notify your cell phone if someone tries to break in

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks guys... I'm not too worried about the truck, but, when it's parked with a couple sleds, gear and more in the trailer, I start to worry.
I think some warning stickers, LED's and a passive alarm system will be required.

The broken window thing and whatever else they do is the biggest pita, IMHO. If they don't get the truck going, it is a pain in azz to fix everything. Smart parking and visual deterrents seem to help but are not a guarantee. I sleep well at my house but not so well in hotels/parking lots. I feel your anxiety. Good luck.

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 05 had gotten busted into a couple times.., but wasn't able to be stolen..,they busted the ignition due to not starting in the cold.. haha, true story. Anyways was going to do these:
Vehicle Security and Theft Prevention Devices
Would maybe stop a few entries, but maybe at the expense of door damage too..,
I ended up trading it in with locks and ignition busted up.., would've been stolen sooner or later at the rate of thefts in the area..
good luck, get good insurance.

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a Denver Boot on the trailer if that is what you are worried about. They will see it and move onto the next one.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Top Bottom