2002 800 (151)

summit800hm

Reaction score
Just checking if anyone has put A 16" Track in place of the 15" wide,I have been told it can been done but would have to flatten some rivet heads.

GRD

Reaction score
16 vs 15

I heard that it can been done. My dad is trying to convince me to do it to my 151 RMK 800. He said that is not much work on the RMK, not sure about a summit. It is less expensive than adding a longer track

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Wider Track

I KNOW OF SEVERAL GUYS, THAT HAVE INSTALLED THE 16" WIDE TRACK ON OLDER SUMMITS AND WAS ACTUALLY QUITE EASY THEY SAID. HAD TO USE SOME SHORTER BOLTS, AND GRIND SOME DOWN AND FLATTE SOME RIVETS, BUT BOTH OF THEM SAID IT WAS STRAIGHT FORWARD. IF YOU DO ATTEMPT THIS, PLEASE TAKE SOME PICS WHILE YOU'RE DOING THIS, SO THE REST OF US CAN SEE HOW IT GOES. WOULD BE INTERESTED IN CHECKING THIS OUT... I KNOW ONE FELLOW IN SICAMOUS, WHO PUT ONE ON A '99 SUMMIT 670X AND ANOTHER '02 SUMMIT 800X. :specool: GOOD LUCK SUMMIT800HM AND KEEP US POSTED.

P

Petch

i did it last year!!

:specool: I swapped my beat up 144 X 15 out of my 2002 Summit 800X last year and intalled a 151 X 16. For the width you have do grind down all the rivots on the inside of the tunnel as well as the 3 bolts for the chaincase. I made my self a small gauge to slide over the rivots and so i didn't have anything sticking out over .200". Rode all last year and didn't have any rubbing issues. If you are going to make the swap i would really recommend putting on extrovert drivers while you're at it, they make a huge diff. For the extra lenth on mine i moved my suspension ( all the brackets) back 1-1/2" and installed a big wheel kit. it removed the need for rail extentions and gave me a better attack angle. Good luck with your swap, its deffinitly worth it. :specool:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
re: 16" track swap

awesome Petch..... doo you have any pics to post, that might help summit800hm with a swap. I know its easy, but is a little time consuming grinding all the bolts and rivets. great input Petch!!!:)

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put a 162x16x2.5 on my zx all i did was grind down the chaincase bolts and put on different drop brackets. I have 2.5 years on it and no tunnel rub.

kell2784

Reaction score
Re: i did it last year!!

:specool: I swapped my beat up 144 X 15 out of my 2002 Summit 800X last year and intalled a 151 X 16. For the width you have do grind down all the rivots on the inside of the tunnel as well as the 3 bolts for the chaincase. I made my self a small gauge to slide over the rivots and so i didn't have anything sticking out over .200". Rode all last year and didn't have any rubbing issues. If you are going to make the swap i would really recommend putting on extrovert drivers while you're at it, they make a huge diff. For the extra lenth on mine i moved my suspension ( all the brackets) back 1-1/2" and installed a big wheel kit. it removed the need for rail extentions and gave me a better attack angle. Good luck with your swap, its deffinitly worth it. :specool:

What size wheels did you put on? Where did you get them? I want to do this to my summit 01, and am gathering the pieces. Did you regear it too?
Any pics?

ski-doo

Reaction score
i put a 144 x16 x" on my 01summit 800 that had the 15" wide on it. I did not grind any rivets or bolts. and i have no rubbing problems. already put 400km on it and no problems at all

summit800hm

Reaction score
Well guy's I have finished the install.From 2002 summit 800 HM 15-151" to 16"151, went quite easy I didn't have to grind any rivets.But i did have to remove my stock board supports and will have to install external one's. The big wheel kit I got from Pure addiction fits like a glove and will alllow you to run 2,3,4 wheels even if you change your mind later.Extrovert drivers work great.I will post Pic's.When I figure out how to!

sleded

Reaction score
it can be done,tree hugger has actually done it to his sled,there is a couple of rivets to flatten,and one of the lower chaincase bolts heads have to be ground down.check with him for further info.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did it to my 02 ZX 800. Went from a 144" / 15" to 156" /16" wide. added extavert drivers, moved the skid back 3 1/2 inches, moved and modified rear brackets, added mountain magic rail extensions for two wheel inside kit (8" Bling Bling and axle) changed gearing to 19/45.

Top Bottom