2001 ski-doo summit

charty

Reaction score
i have the same machin i streched it to a 156 put carbon fibre reeds on it (the stock ones split ) 25hp boondocker kit and a can it is great for what it is
mine is for sale cheaop if you want two

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 700 is a great machine. I have the Lexan hood on it and saved 30 pounds. I went to the Rev flat bars with an 8 inch riser and pivot. Put on a set of stiffeners after cutting out the floorboards to match. Stock engine with the original carb boots,they have not split yet. Team secondary and have removed the idler wheels on the skid. It only sees the mountains and works very well for me. I have no plans to replace it.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledding002.jpg

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
things to look out for.....

pull cord recoil likes to fail. grab a rebuild kit and fix it up!

honestly the 600/700 were a bulletproof motor.

other than basic maintenance they are very reliable. didnt suffer from the vibration issues the 800s had.

vendetta

Reaction score
I have a 2000 summit 700 highmark and it is awesome. I think i am going to put nitrous on it just for the last little bit on the hillclimbs

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_4591.jpg
    IMG_4591.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 119

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an 01 800 Summit as well. Drop brackets, handlebar risers, lightweight hood, can...all good stuff. How many miles/km's on it? The 01's came with crap rings....everyone went to the chrome race rings. If there's a ton of miles on this one I would get new pistons/rings, check the carb boots for cracking and check the reeds as well.

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey man.. we have an 01 summit 800 151 too. didn't get to ride it tons last year due to hockey and getting it mid-season but when i got to ride it was great. felt pretty light lot sof power and the suspension is great! have fun on ur machine. haven't had no problems yet.

YKX

Reaction score
where is everyone getting their drop brackets? Can I get them somewhere in Canada, would like to put a pair on a zx and rev. Thanks

YKX

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where is everyone getting their drop brackets? Can I get them somewhere in Canada, would like to put a pair on a zx and rev. Thanks

YKX

i made jus made a set super simple, just get some 3/16 metal, and cut it it, i made it into a closed v shape hadnt had any problems with it, i can go get some pics of them if youd like:cool:

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any pics of this. or how it was made?
take the stock can, cut of the flange that mounts up, but the shortest glasspack (12inch works best) bend some exhaust pipe to fit so the bottom of the can dumps out the bottom, weld it all together and walla you has a glass pack exhaust

YKX

Reaction score
Those pics would be great. I wanna do the same thing as well. Dont really want to buy a set, PRICEY

Thanks

YKX

ashermac

Reaction score
Get yourself some snow eliminators that will take care of any snow build up...

Top Bottom