1998 rmk 700

mr.rivard

Reaction score
I have a rmk with slp can starts awesome idles owesome but when you pin the throttle seems like all the power aint their its cracking and after releasing the throtte and pinning it 2-3 times then she opens right up,as well im out on the lake full throttle for 15seconds or so and the motor seems to give up a few horses and it bogs down a little.deadly sled just those 2 problems

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your reeds!Sounds like one may have started to come apart.Also check your air screw adjustment and your main jets.How's your primary clutch?

mr.rivard

Reaction score
i had the darn cabs out i should have checked the reeds thanks ill let you know how it turns out

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you clean the carbs blow every orfice with compressed air . You can even take out your pilot jets to make sure it's clean, you could drop your pilot jet 5 sizes that usually smartens up the bottom end a lot. If your riding warm temperatures outside this spring ,I'd do a plug check maybe your mains are too fat for spring ridding. Good luck.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you clean the carbs blow every orfice with compressed air . You can even take out your pilot jets to make sure it's clean, you could drop your pilot jet 5 sizes that usually smartens up the bottom end a lot. If your riding warm temperatures outside this spring ,I'd do a plug check maybe your mains are too fat for spring ridding. Good luck.

X2 on the mains.

mr.rivard

Reaction score
reeds had wear on them THANKS for the help,and i will be checking the jet settings,i had just cleaned the airbox and it had a little fuel in it,and wene i went to check on the reeds and their was a little fuel in it again.I have just purchesed this michine a month ago and only ran 4 tanks threw it and just waiting to head into prince george to grab a maneul.

mr.rivard

Reaction score
THANKS messing with jet sizes allways boggled me if the new reeds dont fix her ill try what you posted their.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SLP can is a lightweight muffler.Also some guys put a boost bottle on those machines.It's a small plastic bottle that went between the carbs on the rubber boots.I never ran one on my old 700's but I just put v-force reeds and k&n filters on for ease of changing jets.But check your pilot jets and your needle position on your carbs!A low end bog is probably caused one of those two other than your mains because the mains are more for wide open throttle.Also check your floats in the carbs.On older machines sometimes the floats might hang up or not work properly so check for wear on the little rods they slide on!

mr.rivard

Reaction score
so the cage that the reeds are screewed to had wear on both of them and 2 reeds had wear on them.so i just put in used 2 stage reeds and used cages from the local sled shop cost me $50 for both,and the michine has a quicker throttle runs and sounds better no hesitation strait balls to the walls,the reeds were i cant quit remember but maby boyson reeds?he said hot rod reeds,but a $50 fix i aint gonna complain and said should be no jet setting required.so now its blueballs till winter vrooombaaaa

Top Bottom