16 summit 800 mods

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think having proper gearing will be more beneficial than running no tensioner? Maybe not never tried it?

On my 163 T3, I dropped 2 teeth off the top gear and it was like a whole new sled! Clutching bone stock...

I did climb the Fingers and many other "turbo" chutes around Revy with that setup, I'd say it works ok.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This whole thread is basically about making your stock setup more efficient. Any one try to upsize your drivers to 8 tooth. Have a set in the shop I'm thinking about giving a go. First sled I have had in a long time that doesn't have fuel controllers and gauges hanging off of it. Kind of nice just holding it to the bar.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See guys putting 8 tooth on the T3 but cutting track down or going to a 2.5

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of time Jared...................don't those boys stop for a smoke?

or even to catch their breath?

usually not you got enough time to pull a sandwich out have two bites then back at it. I've just learned now to keep a muff pot strapped to the can and ride it all day then stop when they stop to have a slightly warm meal lol

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Such a nice piece

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 430

scully

Reaction score
I have a think cooker for sale that would fit ur sled(I have a new 850 comming) or I would keep it.

chrishew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This whole thread is basically about making your stock setup more efficient. Any one try to upsize your drivers to 8 tooth. Have a set in the shop I'm thinking about giving a go. First sled I have had in a long time that doesn't have fuel controllers and gauges hanging off of it. Kind of nice just holding it to the bar.

I went to 8 tooth drivers on my 163 T3 two seasons ago unintentionally and it seems to be working good. I bent my stock driveshaft and drivers so called my dealer for a replacement and they shipped me one from an older XM with the 8 tooth drivers on it. Went to press them off and put the 7's on the shaft and thought lets measure them just to see and pitch was identical. Both measured about 2.9", could be that the tighter radius on the 7 tooth makes it closer to a 3" pitch but nothing the calipers could measure. So I thought I'll try the 8's anyway since there seems to be room and would benefit attack angle. Sled has been running great for the last 1000+ miles like this. No added vibration or anything and seems to run cooler than other T3's with just the stock scratchers used on the ice in the 14/15 season. I do need to drop gearing more though, as I switched the 21 top for a 19 and took a link out while putting the 8 tooths in but its still too high of gearing. Stock ratio was 2.43 (51/21) and the new ratio compensated by 7/8 for the change in driver size is 2.35 (51/19)x(7/8). Burnt two belts so far and too much clutch temp. Still running factory clutching though too.

Last edited:

gofast89

Reaction score
since this engine is old news now...

powder freaks stat - etech one cause's parasitic load on the engine as it is not a high flow, pressure diffeintial
TSS or SLP pipe kit
20/51 with 104 chain, no tensioner required, ATF filled
MSD plug wires, shorten them as much as you can
NGK iridium plugs.
pull out trumpet intake connector and install a 3" silicone tube. stock is 2"
pinch off or disconnect heated throttle bodies
MTN fit hood for weight and additional heat reduction
clutching obviously
drill out sliders for friction reduction
Dayco XTX or Gates Cabon belt.

all this yields 50-55mph tracks speeds.
Possible to see some pics on how you fixed the intake trumpet?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

gofast89

Reaction score

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks. What did you do to the airbox dowstream to be able to clamp the new boot to it? Just trim off the tits for the old style twist lock?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Yes and a hose clamp, not meaning to hijack, but I ride with oler1234 and mine is the same.

Top Bottom