13 XM Coolant System Pressuring Up

J__Zak

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue I checked my coolant put it to the cold level mark. Ride it and if I go to check it the next day or a week later it'll show that the coolant is below the mark. The caps always pressured up if I twist it off fast the coolant will shoot out the coolant reservoir and ill have to refill it. If I twist the cap really slowly the air vents out and the coolant rises back to where it should be. Could this just be a bad cap or do you have any ideas? I took it to the dealer and they told me they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Thanks

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
head gasket... start it with the Rad cap off, if there's bubbles and gurgling then it's def gaskets.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Normal. Mine does it too. I've filled to cold mark a handful of times and it always settles out lower and then never moves from there.

J__Zak

Reaction score
Thanks guys, for some reason I don't remember it being like that and pressurized...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Normal, first time it happened to me I was like WTF, cleaned up the coolant and let it stay on the low mark

Limbo

Reaction score
I'm thinking this may have to do with riding at high elevation then parking at low elevation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhuey92

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue I checked my coolant put it to the cold level mark. Ride it and if I go to check it the next day or a week later it'll show that the coolant is below the mark. The caps always pressured up if I twist it off fast the coolant will shoot out the coolant reservoir and ill have to refill it. If I twist the cap really slowly the air vents out and the coolant rises back to where it should be. Could this just be a bad cap or do you have any ideas? I took it to the dealer and they told me they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Thanks

Mark on the coolant bottle where it sits now, take it for a ride, once its cool check it, if its sitting at the same mark your good.

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They shouldn't have a line because it never stays there. Full it to the line and let it find its normal level. Done

Top Bottom