09 Summit problem

Reaction score
I was at boulder mountain today riding some awesome snow and i heard my sled beep at me 4 times. I didnt think to much of it at first untill it did it again.... and again.... and again. Turns out the check engine light was coming on with the beeps but i couldnt notice this until it got dark cause it was only coming on really faint. Does any one know what the 4 beeps and check engine light means? I'm supposed to ride silent pass tomorrow and i'm not sure i should. Any help would be apreciated.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Knock sensor? Temp sensor? Low oil? when the oil gets to a 1/2 tank, just riding a bumpy trail will kick on the low oil light temporarily.

Reaction score
Knock sensor? Temp sensor? Low oil? when the oil gets to a 1/2 tank, just riding a bumpy trail will kick on the low oil light temporarily.[/QUOT

Its not the oil light that comes on, i checked the manual and that's what the 4 beeps mean but it's the engine light that comes on and my oil was filled this am before i went up. It ran fine all day should any of the other problems you have suggested stop me from riding it tomorrow?

martushev800

Reaction score
could it maybe be your DESS key? idk just throwin it out ther. i know while riding mine has gotten shifted before and it runs a lil off.dont get my rev's and sounds like a tractor!! otherwise i really dont know

Dynacorkle

Reaction score
How old is your fuel? What type of fuel did you put in? Install any aftermarket parts lately? Sounds like your knock sensor's going off. I think stock compression ratio on the XP is over 12:1, so premium is a must. Don't want to insult you, just trying to help.

Tease

Reaction score
probably wont help you but..here

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 221
Reaction score
Hey Thanks for the help guys, it was actually a loose wire. Its called the rave 2 wire that was causing this problem. It cost about 60 bucks and took about an hour to fix.

inside

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago a friends did the same thing on the way up to the cabin. He stopped and phoned, checked it out and the dealership said to drive it. He kept going and it stopped doing it, never happened again.

Top Bottom