09 800 XP Bogging?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a RK 13.5:1 head and piston kit, Boysen Rage cage reeds with the power wing,jet it at 460 mains and left the needle, DJ clutch kit and now it boggs in the deep snow WTF? My first thought was it sucking in snow, so i made sure every thing was sealed and it was, but i put a SLP flow right in the air box anyways to help it breath better. But it still boggs! It boggs when I first hit the powder, then i let go of the throttle and pin it again and it usually is fine but not always. And if I make a long pull it will be running good then it falls on its face and boggs right out. Does any body have an idea what could be wrong? Thanx

Dynacorkle

Reaction score
I put a RK 13.5:1 head and piston kit, Boysen Rage cage reeds with the power wing,jet it at 460 mains and left the needle, DJ clutch kit and now it boggs in the deep snow WTF? My first thought was it sucking in snow, so i made sure every thing was sealed and it was, but i put a SLP flow right in the air box anyways to help it breath better. But it still boggs! It boggs when I first hit the powder, then i let go of the throttle and pin it again and it usually is fine but not always. And if I make a long pull it will be running good then it falls on its face and boggs right out. Does any body have an idea what could be wrong? Thanx

How do your plugs look?

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clutching clutching clutchig.. check it.. its not backshiting fast enough.. is it dirty, or sticking.. check you belt adjustment. id start there..

does it run good and crisp untill it hits powder? and powder i mean where the sled is working..

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plugs look fine, not rich. Just cleaned the clutchs and put a QR-11 helix from DJ with a pink spring and 13.5 grams of weight in the primary. I got the ramps and spring that RK recomends on order, and might try the stock helix to. Not to happy with the clutching it pulls good rpms one second (8300) and the next second 7900.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rk said to use 441 ramps and 12 grams of pin weight with purple/ blue spring. I had 15.? in and i had to havr my clutch on #5 for it to rev out, and that was in Valemount.

xrsrev

Reaction score
I just replaced my dpm it was kinda doing the same thing! Juat a thought!

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you know never thought about that.. test the dpm.. put 12v to it and if u hear it click its good.. but look up to see how to do it exactly

xrsrev

Reaction score
I guess the question i should have asked is.... Is it doing it at elevation only or is it down here as well? With mine it was after about 4000 ft usually where all the snow is above and when i needed the power most. I tried taking apart carbs and cleaning, running higher octane fuel, running lower octane fuel, changing weights in clutches but nothing worked. Checked all my dpm lines for cracks and pinches, Nothing was wrong. Just changed the dpm ($220) and it worked great again last weekend. Honestly i never thought that little plastic thing would make that much of a difference! Test it or replace it. You can always take it back if that doesnt work. Atleast thats what i was told!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Havent drove it around here yet this yet. Maybe i will take it for a rip this weekend, and see how it runs.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clutching clutching again. Likely in your secondary. Pull it apart and you may find it needs a few new parts. :d:d

Top Bottom