09/10 M8s missing under heavy load

tchriste

Reaction score
Recently I have been experiencing misfiring under heavy load. It's an intermittent problem that has also showed up on one of my riding partners machine. It appears to be a spark plug lead that wears partway through and then shorts causing a misfire. The weird thing is that it will shut the engine down (even though it was only one plug lead) however there's no fault code. Buddy changed out his spark plug lead, I ended up using electrical tape(was out digging in the back country) and the sleds worked flawless. I checked, cleaned and electrolitic greased all connections.....dealer checked codes...nothing was found. So I replaced the lead, heat shrink over the leads, and added a couple of extra wire seperators(wires were rubbing together). Anyone else have this and what did you find?

dozer

Reaction score
my 09 m1000 started missing at 6000 rpm then a few miles later it just died took it to dealer found stator was shot. no codes ever and it took about 10-15 miles from the time it started to miss till it completely died. replaced under warranty and picking it up today

Top Bottom