08 Xp switch to 09 Nytro

Ekim

Reaction score
I am considering switching sleds to a 09 Nytro with mcx 240hp turbo kit. How much weight can you drop from these sleds and/or what are people doing to lose the weight. Also are people having good reliability with the sleds with the 240hp mcx kit on them? I currently ride an 08 XP 800r with a 154x2.5x16 sled. Any input would be appreciated. I ride at approx. 6000' in and out of the trees and in large bowls. Thanx

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best way too explain it for you is it's like dating a fat chick that is really really hot and puts out like nothing you've experienced before..... You just put up with the extra weight and accept her for who she is and enjoy the ride ;).

If you got the coin then you can change the skid and a arm to light weight, strip out the foam and then drop the plastic panels for mesh.

I am considering switching sleds to a 09 Nytro with mcx 240hp turbo kit. How much weight can you drop from these sleds and/or what are people doing to lose the weight. Also are people having good reliability with the sleds with the 240hp mcx kit on them? I currently ride an 08 XP 800r with a 154x2.5x16 sled. Any input would be appreciated. I ride at approx. 6000' in and out of the trees and in large bowls. Thanx

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going from the Ski-Doo "weight is everything" mentality over to tons of HP with good balanced weight is a challenge right up until you ride a Turbo Yammi for the first time! Both my buddies who ride Rev XP's could not believe the handling and balance of the Nytro's stating they were even easier to sidehill than their XP's. We now have three Nytro's and both my 15 and 11 year old boys ride them too. The 15 yr old can really rock it just with the Hauck kit on it (Mom says no to a turbo). We ride a lot of trees and have no issues. Yes, they are heavier when stuck but I've found with the turbo you just don't get stuck near as often.

You can lose weight by changing out the front end and the skid but I would wait until you ride your turbo first as you may need the $'s for plastic surgery to get the smile off your face! MCX makes a very reliable good performing turbo and I'm sure you will be pleased. Enjoy!

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know two guys who had a xp for half a season and road a turbo nytro once came back to town, sold the xp's and bought two nytro turbo sleds. They say they never regretted it so hope u have a good time.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Made the excat same switch you are makeing, A 2008 XP to a 2009 Nytro, was very concerend about the handling and weight, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT, I m about 5'11 and 170lbs so not a huge guy and I dont have many issues with throwing this sled around, The only time I am disapointed with it is in hard pack going down hill, it becomes a pig, but other then that I would never consider going back

Top Bottom