08 summit xp 154' ski lift...

atvmodster

Reaction score
K using the stock components how do i adjust the suspension to get the most amount of ski lift? I keep hearing its works oposite of other sleds. I have the limiter strap maxed out and it doesnt seem to lift any higher. I understand its a long track and you wont get the wheelie action like a mxz but i know on my buddies 05 rev he gets more lift then i do. Any help would be great!

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, tighten the strap right up, soften the rear torsions and stand way back and you should be lying underneath it in no time:d

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K using the stock components how do i adjust the suspension to get the most amount of ski lift? I keep hearing its works oposite of other sleds. I have the limiter strap maxed out and it doesnt seem to lift any higher. I understand its a long track and you wont get the wheelie action like a mxz but i know on my buddies 05 rev he gets more lift then i do. Any help would be great!

Why do u want ski lift

atvmodster

Reaction score
I mainly use it for ditch begging and ski lift is fun for this ;) Does everyone agree with shoppingcart111?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mainly use it for ditch begging and ski lift is fun for this ;) Does everyone agree with shoppingcart111?
it's what I have been reading everywhere too, let the strap out to keep it planted or suck it in to lift the front....weird but consensus says it works. or get a 146"....mine wheelies like a dirt bike in anything more than 8 inches of snow on the flat ground....lol.

atvmodster

Reaction score
I got a really good buy on this 154. If i were buying new i would of got a 146. Man this seems weird tightning the strap to gain ski lift. Has anyone done this to confirm it? Right now on flat ground when i step on it the skis pretty much stay planted or raise slightly. If i hit a drift or a hump and step on it it comes up pretty high.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddies 154 has the front shocks really stiff, the limiter either in the stock position or sucked up one hole, center shock preload about half way and rear springs on soft. He gets some pretty good ski lift on flat ground. Odd way to set up a sled but I guess the XP's are truely backwards.

atvmodster

Reaction score
I actually thought about stiffening up the front shocks to. I know on the can-am quads stiffening up front shocks makes the front end come up way easier. thought i would try it on a sled.

atvmodster

Reaction score
K my rear spring is already on the softest postion. My front shock is on the second from softest position. My front shocks were on the very softest position and my strap was on the loosest hole. I stiffened my front shocks right up, i left the rear springs on the softest position and im trying to tighten the strap as tight as i can. What should i do with the front shock? Would stiffening it up make it lift skis more or less?

atvmodster

Reaction score
takethebounce sorry over looked your center shock settings. I will try stiffining it up a bit.

Top Bottom