08 nytro, Tips for first riders?

Edrenilin

Reaction score
Just bought an 08 nytro and im looking to do a few small things to drop weight and gain HP. i hear #1 is silencer, and fuel module. Anyone got any other ideas? As well, Whats the best way to find out the first weekend with enough snow in say, Nordegg??

08 Nytro

sub zero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just bought an 08 nytro and im looking to do a few small things to drop weight and gain hp. I hear #1 is silencer, and fuel module. Anyone got any other ideas? As well, whats the best way to find out the first weekend with enough snow in say, nordegg??

08 nytro

save your money and get a turbo.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I ride a nytro as well and this year we are doing a tunnel dump with the skinz silencer, running boards, tunnel kit, airframe hood and seat kit. I will take pics as we get it together.

Reaction score
For god sakes change the track (the mav should never have been invented). Changing the car muffler to a lightweight silencer should save you about 10lbs. If it is in your budget get an aftermarket skid and floats. The best mod by far is a turbo, I run a mcx180 and it makes the nytro a whole new machine and you won't have to open up the engine, I highly recommend it.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For god sakes change the track (the mav should never have been invented). Changing the car muffler to a lightweight silencer should save you about 10lbs. If it is in your budget get an aftermarket skid and floats. The best mod by far is a turbo, I run a mcx180 and it makes the nytro a whole new machine and you won't have to open up the engine, I highly recommend it.

Very good advice, if your doing the skid and track go to a 162 camo extreme. Front shocks are a must I think thats what he means by floats and once your get to this point a turbo is the ultimate mod.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Simple Suspension mods will make it ride a whole lot better as well as make it a little more capable. Floats are a air shock I believe so you have all the adjustibility you could ever want to dial in your ride.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
The Nytro's from stock tend to have a harsh clutch engagement and will trench like crazy. Throw a different primary clutch spring to get the clutch engagement rpm down and you have a lot less problems with trenching. Your back and your riding partners will greatly appreciate it.
Another must have item for a Nytro is the Jacobson Roll over Valve Kit from Four Stroke Solutions. When they are rolled over they tend to lose oil very quickly with it draining out the air box.
As mentioned before the track should go as well, we are looking at upgrading to a 153 powderclaw very shortly.
Another item we are looking at for our Nytro is the Dive-Tek kit from Team Fast. We are hoping it will allow us to ditch the factory sway bar and maintain good stability while on trial and more mobility off trail.
The Skinz hood we mentioned before is a good item to have to allow more heat to escape from the engine bay. We experienced a lot of engine overheating problems on mild days with the stock hood on, so the stock hood spent a lot of time laying in trailer and this year it will not be put on unless we are riding in some pretty bitter cold weather.
Some other things to keep in mind, if this is a used sled check the drive shaft bearings. Also check you’re A-arm bushings for wear. In my own opinion both of these items are big engineering oversights by Yamaha.
The Nytro also tend to burn through hifax pretty quickly in low snow, so you have to keep a close eye on them.
Hope this helps and Enjoy your new sled.

Edrenilin

Reaction score
This is all very good advice. Thanks all. I don't need any over heating problems so the aftermarket hood is something I'll look into right away. Im Definitly saving up for a turbo. I have a year of warranty so i will turbo it next season. What's wrong with the stock track?

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The maverick track is way too soft. The paddles fold over and retain memory in this position. If your riding is lower elevations and flatter country it will work out fine for you. If you plan on riding bigger terrain in search of powder, you will soon find this track is hard on your back.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do most of these tips apply to the rx-1 as well you guys seem to know your sleds

Top Bottom