08 M1000 mod problems

Reaction score
I have an 08 M1000 with about 1000 kms on it. I have been throwing money at it seasonally and this year added a pipe and attitude fuel box. Last year I had the clutching done and raised the fuel pressure to 50 lbs, did the air box and it screamed. The sled came out of the shop this year running like a p.o.s.

I understand that installing a fuel box requires some tweeking, but any time I have ever changed a stock pipe to a mod pipe on any of my other toys I have noticed a great increase in power through out the power band. This was not the case. The sled is back in the shop, I had a great sled last year and thought I was just going to improve on an already good thing. But at this time that is not the case.
The shop I use is one of the best in the province and have all the faith in the world that I will once again rip, but was just wondering if there were others with this similar problem.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Its a bmp pipe.

I didnt want to go with the boondocker because I watch my buddies constantly set them.
I understand that the attitude is a much more user friendly unit. I was ably to navigate the menu relatively easy.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once i got my boondocker box dialed in all's i ever do is some fine tunin. I've had lots of buddies have issues with the attitude boxes and the attitude box you cant pull fuel from the stock map at any given rpm.

Reaction score
I know what you are saying, the attitude box at its lowest setting only gets you back to the stock settings. I found that out on my first and only ride. One of my biggest problems with this sled in the beginning was it was way too fat.
Should I just go with the boondocker and man up for the learning or what?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know what you are saying, the attitude box at its lowest setting only gets you back to the stock settings. I found that out on my first and only ride. One of my biggest problems with this sled in the beginning was it was way too fat.
Should I just go with the boondocker and man up for the learning or what?

An education costs money man. Sorry to tell you that you are gonna have to buck up for lessons that others have already learned. Trust Glen when he tells you what works and what doesn't. Granted the boondocker may not be as friendly as the attitude but I set mine up once and haven't had to touch it again.

BTW. I too went through the pains of payin' to learn.

Relic

Reaction score
High there nothing wrong with attitude box jus t drop fuel pressure more and add full at top end with box. Iam at about 35psi ,they are very fat at bottom end when you let them breath.You should have an air fuel ratio gague installed before you try this so you know how far to drop fuel .

fraser

Reaction score
spend the money and get it dyno'd...well worth it..got mine done by Rob at the mod shop in Grande Praired or just outside...he will show you how the boonedocker works as well...you will not need to adjust it after...or if you do you will have the know how...

Reaction score
thats where my pressure is but I am still not getting the performance I want out of the pipe. I also have the air fuel gauge

AaronBND

Reaction score
I have an '08-M1000 modded and love the Attitude Box. Don't do the BD Box. I have had them on 2 sleds and phuk*d with them every time I went to the mountain. The Attitude box rocks! You will not need to pull fuel if you are modded anyways, and if you do you can do a straight pull across the board and add where needed. The Attitude Box is suppose to be tuned at 42psi according to Derrek the owner. Good luck.

Aaron

Reaction score
I am still having problems at 42 psi. I was told to tune down to 35 then add fuel where needed. THe sled has always been fat and this seems like it could work. I am going to try it tomorrow with the lower pressure and see what happens.

j_another

Reaction score
call BMP and they willl help you out . He helped me with mine and its a SCREAMER.

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am still having problems at 42 psi. I was told to tune down to 35 then add fuel where needed. THe sled has always been fat and this seems like it could work. I am going to try it tomorrow with the lower pressure and see what happens.

Did u get the 09 mapping by any chance?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an '08 M1000 with full exhaust and intake and timing key. I run stock fuel pressure and a bd box and it works awesome. I dont have to play with the box unless it's to try and fine tune more and that doesnt happen usually unless i change a part of my set-up. I have given lots of people the numbers out of my bd box and they have worked really well for them.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an '08 M1000 with full exhaust and intake and timing key. I run stock fuel pressure and a bd box and it works awesome. I dont have to play with the box unless it's to try and fine tune more and that doesnt happen usually unless i change a part of my set-up. I have given lots of people the numbers out of my bd box and they have worked really well for them.

hey Glen I'm running an 07 M1000 with SLP full pipe set. MBRP can V force reeds SLP ait horn and 3° timing key and a BD box. still have a bit of a flat spot at mid Just wondering what your BD #'s are so I could compare. Pm me thanks

ajay

Reaction score
hey Glen I'm running an 07 M1000 with SLP full pipe set. MBRP can V force reeds SLP ait horn and 3° timing key and a BD box. still have a bit of a flat spot at mid Just wondering what your BD #'s are so I could compare. Pm me thanks

What flash do you have on your 07?

Ajay.

Last edited:

mattsterz

Reaction score
with all the changes in fuel control you are doing and watching you a/f gauge are you also checking plugs?(they honestly do tell all) i would say piston wash but you would have to have a rubber neck lol.

WHATDAFOOK

Reaction score

If you have had the re-flash done at your a/cat dealer you have to run leaner than stock below 6300rpm. The attitude box won't do that for you.Another helpful hint is to turn your idle screw 1/2 a turn in.Keeps them from loading up at idle..

Top Bottom