08 Grizzly heated grip power source?

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone out there have pictures of the easiest switched power source to tie into? I just installed a new set of Moose Industries heated grips and everything went well, but I want to make sure I tie it into a proper source. Any help would be appreciated!:confused:

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got er done! Summiteer came over and we (he) found a red wire with an empty connector which came from the harness returning from the key switch. We cut the connector off and saudered in a 5 amp inline fuse and voila! Worked good in both high and low only when the switch was on. Don't expect any pictures though, it's all strapped and put back together. Hopefully the explanation helps someone else. Thanks again Summiteer!

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Cigarette lighter....but my wires were to short I had no wire at the time so I went to the headlight....but I have to have the headlights on for the grips to work.

sunny

Reaction score
Hubby installed a set of moose hand and thumb warmers on my '07. He looked it up online and found step by step instructions, with pics as well.Just tied into a wire for the digital display 'cuz it's got power only when key is on. That way, "cigarette lighter", could still be used for a 12 volt power source if needed.....air pump for example. Works awsome and he didn't break anything on the install, kinda strange for him. Probablly still find thread if nessesary.

Top Bottom