08 GMC Acadia

Doo Virgin

Reaction score
Anyone out there have one of these or heard about them having a charging problem. Every morning I have to boost it! Dealers cant find the problem, Its not the battery(2 batterys later), Every time I test it its up to snuff. Somewhere its drawwing a lot of power! I'll drive it all day, park it for the night and presto---dead again in the morning!!!! Anyone have this problem or have any solutions, cause the dealers cant trace it and its getting very annoying.--WTF--

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you have a fixed mount cell phone put in it? Is the battery actually dead or is it a poor ground wire. check the voltage on the battery before you try to start it.

Doo Virgin

Reaction score
Nope no cell phones, and it has a factory command start on it. Theres nothing plugged in the adaptors. I really dont know what it could be, but it has a bad draw from somewhere! Thanks guys, keep it coming, i'll try anything.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats odd, was the battery dead when you bought the vehicle? It seems weird that it would just go dead without anything being done to the car. There is a lemon law that protects people who buy vehicles that are just a pain in the rear. Maybe take it back and get a loaner until the dealer can fix it because what if it starts quiting while you are driving home, it dam cold out in the winter time.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Prolly the mercury switch in the under hood light staying on and killing the battery it happened to the wife trunk light when the car was new.

HTH

**edit* supposed to be trunk not truck

Last edited:

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Prolly the mercury switch in the under hood light staying on and killing the battery it happened to the wife truck light when the car was new.

HTH
If thats it, it`s easy to find out. The light shouldn`t come on until the hood is 1/2 way up.

Doo Virgin

Reaction score
I'LL give that a try, but I should of notice it in the garage with all the lights out. Would'nt I of seen light underneath the car? Maybe, maybe not, Ill try that tonight. Thanks

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does your vehicle have a under the hood light??

I would take it to a different dealership.
If you bought it canadian, I would be phoning roadside ass every morning, and if you phone gm, your car is un driveable as it won't start, you should be covered for a rental. I would also call gm's CCC line (customer care center) and let them know of your problem that way there is a record with GM.

Top Bottom