07 M8 slp exhaust, boysen reeds,slp air horn will i need a programer?

northernguy

Reaction score
Hi all just going to remove my stock exhaust and install a slp kit y pipe,pipe and can have boysen reeds,slp air horn just looking for some input if i will need a fuel controller, I think i should be ok or veRy close just looking for some feed back . Thanks

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you should be fine to run without a control box but i would take the time to check plugs and make sure. The only time i could see it being a little lean is down low but at altitude you should be alright. I got sick and tired of messing around with my BD box so i am putting stock exhaust back on my M8. I needed the controler because of the RKT head with the SLP pipe kit and D&D intake.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get away with no programmer with just a can change, but with the air and full exhaust your pushing your luck......and why won't you want to after spending the money on a better exhaust and opening up the air, by adding a programmer you will be able to take advantage of the change in the parameters and pick up more power...

Were using the power commander V with the auto tune, SLP has a good base map to get it started....our set up dosent have the on off switch in it, we need to add that, so on start up it goes back to the base map vs the last built map....right know when we start up it runs a bit off until it re-programs off it's current parameters.....

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to SLP's website you should be OK.

"*This pipe is compatible with the stock ECU on 2007-09 models at all elevations. It is also compatible with the stock ECU when used in combination with SLP High Flow™ Intake Kit (part #14-305) and V-Force 3 Reed Valves (part #22-103). Other modifications including but not limited to: head modifications, increased timing, cylinder porting or intake modifications other than the SLP High Flow™ Intake Kit in addition to the pipe may require the use of an EFI control box." :D

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife's M8 has pretty much the same setup, and required fuel based on EGT's and plug readings. Usually not a problem at elevation, but if you run your sled below 3000', I wouldn't run without one -a boondocker box is cheaper then a top end.

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i have the same setup with a rktech head and below 3000 i would be worried, above its ok still rich wide open

Top Bottom