'05 Ford 6.0 "rattle"

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here's my update. well checked some of the suggestions that were on here, none that I could find were the cause. truck had been running fine since getting it years ago, other than the rattle noise. long story short, truck just died one day headed back home from sleddin, no luck getting it going on the side of the road with sleds etc on deck, got it towed and was serviced at the nearest dealer. HPOP fitting leaking replaced (inital cause of engine shut down, due to loss of hydraulics to inj), oil cooler gasket kit installed and EGR replaced (had to have happened that day as degas bottle had coolant in when headed out). Anyways, the "rattle" is gone (knock on wood) and seems to be running fine(again, knock on wood). Dealer said the programmer in the truck was causing the truck to drive erractic and the spedo etc was bouncing all over the place, so unplugged it and that only cost an extra 700bucks....not like I coulda done that myself:confused:..so ran it without the programmer installed for a week, ran good. Hooked the programmer back up, runs awsome...700bucks well spent....:mad: Would have liked to do the egr delete, but will do it myself in the near future for much less. Still not 100% sure what was the cause of the "rattle" though? Any of the 3 things "fixed" don't seem like they would have made that noise, if I had to pick one i'd say the hpop..but just a stab in the dark. Anyways, thxs for the suggestions.:beer: Now were did all the snow that we were getting in Dec go...

Jasons

Reaction score
It was most likely the stc fitting rattling against the rear engine cover only at certain load/condition. Have seen the fitting pop out hard enough to crack the rear cover.

Top Bottom