04 Outlander 400 4x4 CV's

meistern

Reaction score
Hey guys. I ride my machine hard and put her away wet.. So broken parts are to be expected..

But I am in need of my 3rd set of front CV shafts for the left and right side.. I am wondering if anyone has had the same issues? Or any other suggestions where I can find something stronger??
Thanks in Advance
Nick in MN

Ps it is all stock except for the 26" mudzilla's

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am gonna say its because of your tires,..

I would suggest buying some replacement axles from Superatv.com, but they don't make them for 400, only 500/800 from what I see.

Some will suggest Gorilla axles, but IMO they are over rated especially for the price.

meistern

Reaction score
Thanks for the Heads up.. I love the tires on my machine I can go anywhere without a question... but as far as gorilla cv's I have not found them for my machine just 500+ as you saw on the other site..

Nick~~

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have gone through 4 of them on my '04 400 outlander, no one in the aftermarket makes them for that machine.....only thing I have found that helps is to not hammer the throttle when wheels are cranked to one side or the other. broke 2 on one ride even.... after the one side broke, I tried to climb over a log and snapped the other side. I also run 26" tires, but mudlites.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy of mine has a 04 400 outty has same issues and I dont think there is any good replacement cv's for that machine for some reason.

Top Bottom